City of Tempest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hook or Mode

+7
pacman
Alexander
Rip
SungJ
After-Life
imtd
shmo11100
11 posters

Go down

Hook or Mode Empty Hook or Mode

Post  shmo11100 Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:54 am

ok so i use lur cellant a lot and i ussually go mode. but ppl say hook is better. i know for a fact i will always go mode in melee vs melee but is it ok to go mode agaisnt a ranged opponent?

shmo11100

Back to top Go down

Hook or Mode Empty Re: Hook or Mode

Post  imtd Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:14 am

shmo11100 wrote:ok so i use lur cellant a lot and i ussually go mode. but ppl say hook is better. i know for a fact i will always go mode in melee vs melee but is it ok to go mode agaisnt a ranged opponent?

Hook is usually better because of the high burst, but mode can work in some match ups.

imtd

Back to top Go down

Post  shmo11100 Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:37 am

Like against what? Maybe Abel or mechatron

shmo11100

Back to top Go down

Post  After-Life Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:55 am

Well Hook is the best for me but im no pro. But what i have seen you take hook vs hero's that is fast, Blinkers, cliff walk and hero's with alot of range so ye always take hook. But vs BH first wait to see what he takes if he goes mode i think you should also go mode?
After-Life
After-Life

Back to top Go down

Post  SungJ Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:28 am

Mode is a viable choice vs melee or non-trappers

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rip Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:03 am

Like SungJ said except i'll add high bursts to that cauz if they're fast enough to react they can outburst u before reaching ur cx range....oh and abel can blink out of hook too so u might wanna go with mode since hook'll be useless anyway...same with janne since her shield still works under hook...

And if u got good assist in ur team u might wanna go with mode to tank/push better...
Rip
Rip

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexander Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:43 am

Mode is a waste of time unless you are very good and have a very good middle player. Consider a few things:

1.) Lur is a terrible hero, hence why he is tier 8 melee.

2.) Vs. melee Quakers, Genesic, Duran and BH all can outburst mode Lur especially the first 3. Vs mirror match this is probably the only situation where it is the better choice. Zeros if done right can also own mode Lur.

3.) Vs. Range that are "non-trap" and "non-blink" and "non-cliffwalk" leave very little options for common inhouse choices. And that's not including what the middle plays which is usually going to be one of those.

4.) Mode Lur does have high damage, but only has 2 abilites rather than mode BH or Orochi which has 3.

5.) Circle swing has a delayed stun effect which lategame means that max speed + speed card gives people a considerable amount of distance to make between the time the stun kicks in. This has many implications and makes chasing very hard.

Conclusion: Mode Lur is only useful in pubs where you can feed, don't bother playing him inhouse unless you have a sure carry in the middle that can help you feed.

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:24 pm

don't pick lur period, but if you do go hook against everyone except:
quakers, bh, or zeros.

against another lur, u can hook if you want, but make sure to switch lanes if they mode.

(or you can go mode lur against everyone if you supah troll... Laughing )

@afterlife: im so confused. did you quit? cuz you said you were quitting permanently, so i did a name change on the character to namcap o.0

pacman

Back to top Go down

Post  shmo11100 Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:56 pm

Well what I do. My build is weird.. 1atk,2mana,2mana,2mana,hook circle upgrade,hook upgrade mana,attack speed,etc. Then I get 2 mana pots and wen he comes I hook him then circle swing then use pot then circle swing 2 times or 3 and I usually get the kill.. The circle upgrade helps since it stuns him and pots make it so that I can constantly hook and pressure him into running while I use circle

shmo11100

Back to top Go down

Post  Modesty Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:28 pm

What a Face

You should check out the Lur thread in guides, coz that build is awful.
Modesty
Modesty

http://disco.fleo.se/?name=MODESTY

Back to top Go down

Post  DrCloak Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:53 pm

Without any explain take hook !!!

DrCloak

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:49 pm

Modesty wrote: What a Face

You should check out the Lur thread in guides, coz that build is awful.

do what mod says XD, also circle is viable but it depends on who is in ur center lane and listen to alex and sung on this topic

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  After-Life Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:24 am

pacman wrote:
@afterlife: im so confused. did you quit? cuz you said you were quitting permanently, so i did a name change on the character to namcap o.0
Yes i have sold my PC cause i was moving to new place so i cant play anymore i also gave SunJ another account that i used just before i sold my PC last week. So yes im off line and will take a very long time to come back but will be back one day. Changing my name to namecap mmmm not nice thought you were going to make my name legend but hay what can i say i did give the account to you so you can do what you want Laughing PS if and when i get my new computer maybe in a few months ill come and steal back my account Twisted Evil BTW i so fucking miss CT its not even funny. I may have been a noob but still i miss it so much. It was the only way for me to get rid of work stress now i have to look at some other ways to pass time Crying or Very sad
After-Life
After-Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Rip Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:03 am

Changing my name to namecap mmmm not nice thought you were going to make my name legend

1) It's namcap
2) For now all i've seen from him is a lot of epic fails and early leaving cauz of w/e reasons....
So i'd say it's pretty good for u he changed the name
Rip
Rip

Back to top Go down

Post  After-Life Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:11 am

Rip wrote:
Changing my name to namecap mmmm not nice thought you were going to make my name legend

1) It's namcap
2) For now all i've seen from him is a lot of epic fails and early leaving cauz of w/e reasons....
So i'd say it's pretty good for u he changed the name
LoL NAMCAP sry my bad. BTW so if he is failing so badly maybe this means that NA is not all that good Laughing Just JK lets have the EU vs NA think soon and get someone to cast it so i can watch it pleaaase.
After-Life
After-Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikumo Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:55 pm

You should go hooker mode.

Ikumo

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:43 pm

dude i'm really sorry if you are mad in any way,

but please understand what I was thinking:
you said "OK so im done for good. This is now your account and i will never play this game again."
and "So pawn hard and have fun"

again, if the name change causes you any trouble, I am extremely sorry, but what you said led me to believe that you were quitting.

pacman

Back to top Go down

Post  imtd Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:44 am

pacman wrote:dude i'm really sorry if you are mad in any way,

you said "OK so im done for good. This is now your account and i will never play this game again."

again, if the name change causes you any trouble, I am extremely sorry, but what you said led me to believe that you were quitting.

anyway, it's really eas to get name changes for free from blizzard, so if he ever wants it back he can just do that

imtd

Back to top Go down

Post  After-Life Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:39 am

pacman wrote:dude i'm really sorry if you are mad in any way,

DUD im not mad at all. Like i said in my PM to you I GIVE THIS ACCOUNT TO YOU!!! I had to sell my PC and thus i can't play but the name change is OK don't worry just have fun Cool I will return one day but for now ill only play when i go visit my friend and i will use his account. BTW i also gave another account to SungJ and he is also welcome to do what he wants with it. So when i do comment im not being sarcastic just JK around Laughing O and if the guys from EU wonder why im giving the accounts to NA players its so that you guys can have the NA vs EU think and see who is the best.
After-Life
After-Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down