City of Tempest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1v1 (Cast) BH vs Zava

+3
Cyclo
Executioner
Alexander
7 posters

Go down

1v1 (Cast) BH vs Zava Empty 1v1 (Cast) BH vs Zava

Post  Alexander Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:18 am

I'll be casting some good 1v1's (since they are shorter), so this is the first of the few. Me as blade hunter vs pacman's Zava Very Happy. Don't mind the lag spikes, but overall a really cool replay.

Enjoy Wink

Alexander

Back to top Go down

1v1 (Cast) BH vs Zava Empty Re: 1v1 (Cast) BH vs Zava

Post  Executioner Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:57 am

"final blow me" LOLOL.
Anyway, moar moar moar. Your voice is so awesome.
Oh and the end says cityoftempest.com , not .net Just saying.
Executioner
Executioner

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclo Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:46 pm

Nice cast Alexander, kept a 1v1 mostly interesting even when one of you was dead.

1. You should hide the replay bar so we don't know exactly when the games over.
2. You pronounced melee (may-lay) and regen(short for regenereration, re-jen) wrong. Sorry if I'm being critical these things bug me.

But anyways, nice cast keep it up. By the way, when are you going to cast that epic game we had with my arcane vs. your BH and Artemis went unkillable mode BH?
*edit changed infinity health to unkillable because it was misleading

Last edited by Cyclo on Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

Cyclo

Back to top Go down

Post  Pseudoku Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:40 pm

When did you get the mic?

Pseudoku

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:04 pm

actually artemis isnt a noob, so he went 70 armor + 20% damage mode reduction + magicshield + 5 health pots

pacman

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclo Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:18 pm

A better choice of words than infinity health would be "unkillable"

Cyclo

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexander Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:20 am

That was a good game, and I do have the replay - but it's 49 minutes long. To give you an idea, FRAPS records things in "segments" of 3.5 GB, and a game like that usually has about 8 of them. My process for doing these basically revolves around plopping the segments into Windows Movie Maker, adding credits and a title and then saving the file as a .WMV file, and after that uploading it to YouTube.

The saving part converts the file into a ~260mb (for that long of a movie) file and that takes about 5 hours or so. The uploading and processing part for a movie that size would take about another 2 hours, with a total of about max 8 hours.

Normally I wouldn't mind but I can't do any gaming on my computer during any of that time so I have to find the time when I can do it and just let it run overnight or something. So, I will try to do that soon.

@ Executioner

I know, I realized that after I uploaded the movie :/

@ Pseudoku

I actually had this lapel mic for a while, but I forgot I had it. Plus I didn't know I could use it for skype (can I?) or any of that stuff, so I tried to use it for casting and it worked.

@ Cyclo

I was a linguistics major for two years, so not to be a snot but you're barking up the wrong tree. It is widely accepted that within every language you have dialects and pronunciation areas that differ widely across a culture and region. For a given word there are multiple acceptable pronunciations given a region and it is a natural phenomenon to differ. The Webster's Dictionary will provide the "pure" English version, however there is growing movement in education to reform pronunciation to include dialect differences.

Also keep in mind that linguistically our culture is evolving faster than we can label vocabulary, so words like "regen" don't even exist in the dictionary and thus not an "offical" way to pronounce them other than using what grammatical tools you have to interpret that arrangement of letters. In this case you are actually incorrect, because pronouncing regen as "rejen" would be homophonous to "region" and there is no grammatical basis for that if one were to analyze the word solely on its letters. You are simply using context (knowing the full word) to provide you the pronunciation and that is subjective.

The funny part is that I live in Arizona and here actually is the highest sought out population for news casting because our English has no pronunciation differences compared to the rest of the country and we are "pure".

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclo Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:48 am

I used to pronounce it the way you did in your cast then I learned the "pure" way to say it and I adopted that. Regen sounds weird to me and only you and Skillz I've heard pronounce it that way. Aren't all words that branch off of other words share mostly the same pronunciation? It started out as Mana Regeneration. It was shortened, probably, to Regeneration. Then to Regen, so why would the pronunciation change simply because people are too lazy to say the eration part of the word. Yes, you aren't wrong to say re-gayn but everyone I've talked to with the exception of you and Skillz say re-jen. Besides this is arguing a technicality. Your cast was good and if you don't watch for it people like Executioner and KrK are going to start pushing you to become the CT caster and you will have no peace because of people pestering to have this game or that game be casted. I hope to see more casts.

Cyclo

Back to top Go down

Post  Executioner Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:24 am

Cyclo wrote:I used to pronounce it the way you did in your cast then I learned the "pure" way to say it and I adopted that. Regen sounds weird to me and only you and Skillz I've heard pronounce it that way. Aren't all words that branch off of other words share mostly the same pronunciation? It started out as Mana Regeneration. It was shortened, probably, to Regeneration. Then to Regen, so why would the pronunciation change simply because people are too lazy to say the eration part of the word. Yes, you aren't wrong to say re-gayn but everyone I've talked to with the exception of you and Skillz say re-jen. Besides this is arguing a technicality. Your cast was good and if you don't watch for it people like Executioner and KrK are going to start pushing you to become the CT caster and you will have no peace because of people pestering to have this game or that game be casted. I hope to see more casts.
I say re-jen...And I think I might cast a game if I have off time. Just for kicks, eh? I mean Lur is tough stuff.
Executioner
Executioner

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclo Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:09 am

Lur has a three move combo doesn't need to get close to people and has an aimless farming spell. Very hard, especially compared to Soul Hunter who just has to land ice mage, then bc then v x blink closer v b x repeatedly and hope they die all without getting a breeze blown at you.

Cyclo

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexander Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:53 am

LOL

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post  SungJ Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:16 am

Cyclo wrote:Lur has a three move combo doesn't need to get close to people and has an aimless farming spell. Very hard, especially compared to Soul Hunter who just has to land ice mage, then bc then v x blink closer v b x repeatedly and hope they die all without getting a breeze blown at you.

nono blinking closer might end up blowing yourself back to respawn area

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Executioner Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:00 am

Cyclo wrote:Lur has a three move combo doesn't need to get close to people and has an aimless farming spell. Very hard, especially compared to Soul Hunter who just has to land ice mage, then bc then v x blink closer v b x repeatedly and hope they die all without getting a breeze blown at you.
1v1 (Cast) BH vs Zava 4ltVI
Executioner
Executioner

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclo Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:45 pm

Yes Exe, you will have to deal with Lur's incredibly hard combo. KrK and to a far lesser extent me will have to deal with the easiness known as SH. SH is almost as easy a win as Zava.

Cyclo

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:27 pm

SungJ wrote:
nono blinking closer might end up blowing yourself back to respawn area

probably the most true thing thats said in this thread imo (ignoring the stupid language argument)

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down