City of Tempest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little proposition from UDMod :)

+8
SungJ
SadFace
laerik
Executioner
pacman
Cyclo
Plice
CloudWolf
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A little proposition from UDMod :) - Page 2 Empty Re: A little proposition from UDMod :)

Post  SungJ Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:33 am

OK so I will try post a thread on the UDMod soon and check out how it works.
I already have the website added to favorites and occasionally see if anyone is in chat room,
but so far I haven't seen anyone except you (lala) yet.
I'll try to start up some activities on there and check how they work out.
I guess all we need is more action to signal the move.

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

A little proposition from UDMod :) - Page 2 Empty Re: A little proposition from UDMod :)

Post  Cyclo Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:28 pm

I did try looking around the forum, I did like their forum. To be fair, no one really wants to go to a forum where nobody else is posting since there is practically no point in posting if no one else is on that forum. If you changed the URL to www.cityoftempest.net and have that redirect you now to ud.mod. then we would all start using that forum. Unless people bookmark the url with fullboards in it.

Cyclo

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:34 pm

i like the clean look of the new website tbh so im in for the swap

p.s. lala i would hav transferred more stuff over but im pretty busy irl atm so cant really do nethin

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  SungJ Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:04 pm

......I'm sorry LALA, I guess it's my fault.
I don't know what to say. Being busy cuz of finals just sounds like a dull excuse.
I'll try do it when I could...... that's all I could say.
And to be honest I wasn't paying careful attention to this forum stuff and this thread,
so please give me a little bit of time to do the job I gotta do.

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NoonEe Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:26 pm

You cant force the community to do something. You said "please go and check the new forum out". If noone went and checked it out, there is obviously no need for a new forum. How long do we use this now? 3 Months? Ppl got used to it, its simple, so why should everyone switch to the other one? Dont get me wrong, I dont really care which one we use, but why do you want everyone to switch?

Oh, and dont get me wrong, I'm not like angry or something, I just dont understand it.
NoonEe
NoonEe

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:51 pm

personally i would want the switch cos the whole posting a link on this site is a bit stupid, and its still a mess in regards to topics etc. and would be nice to start on a new slate

plus i really like the style of the new forums if i gotta be honest XD

finally we may get a bigger community since there was already an existing sc2 base on udmod so we may attract new members and tbh redirecting the cityoftempest.net to the udmod thing shouldnt be too hard providing we still hav contact with whoever was in charge of cityoftempest.net

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  NoonEe Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:55 pm

I already moved my most important posts over. A bit confusing cause they're using other scales for the fontsize and I had everything on 18 and was like WTF!? Very Happy

I also like the chat, cause our whole irc thing never worked out ^_^

The problem is, that if noone else moves over we're kinda alone :/
NoonEe
NoonEe

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:59 pm

well the majority will move the moment the redirection kicks in cos ppl lazy ass bums XD

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  CloudWolf Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:02 pm

Hey Guys! If anyone has any queries about UDMod, feel free to ask them here! I'll be checking back now and again to answer any questions you may have Smile

We're basically providing an alternative forum option for you guys if case you decide it's something you would prefer to use. There is of course no need to commit if you later decide you'd like to stay put Smile

I get the impression many of you find the prospect of moving over a little daunting, and are concerned about losing your statistics and post count which you've spent months building up on these forums. I'm currently looking into the possibility of securely transferring user accounts (and possibly posts and threads) over to our forums to make the transition as seamless as possible.

The idea is, you wouldn't have to personally make any effort to register an account. This would all be done automatically allowing you to log into UDMod with the same details you currently use. How would everyone feel about that? Smile

CloudWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Plice Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:35 pm

I personally like the new forums much more and I think we should switch.
Plice
Plice

Back to top Go down

Post  After-Life Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:58 am

CloudWolf wrote:Hey Guys! If anyone has any queries about UDMod, feel free to ask them here! I'll be checking back now and again to answer any questions you may have Smile

We're basically providing an alternative forum option for you guys if case you decide it's something you would prefer to use. There is of course no need to commit if you later decide you'd like to stay put Smile

I get the impression many of you find the prospect of moving over a little daunting, and are concerned about losing your statistics and post count which you've spent months building up on these forums. I'm currently looking into the possibility of securely transferring user accounts (and possibly posts and threads) over to our forums to make the transition as seamless as possible.

The idea is, you wouldn't have to personally make any effort to register an account. This would all be done automatically allowing you to log into UDMod with the same details you currently use. How would everyone feel about that? Smile
Regarding this change i think as soon as you have moved all the content of this site to yours we will all be ok with the move. I don't know if there is a easy way to do this but if not maybe the moderators can start moving topics over?? and btw when i tried to register i get a error message saying "Registration denied, this forum runs an active policy of not allowing spammers. Please contact us via the "Contact Us" page link if you believe this is in error"
After-Life
After-Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Rip Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:16 am

and btw when i tried to register i get a error message saying "Registration denied, this forum runs an active policy of not allowing spammers. Please contact us via the "Contact Us" page link if you believe this is in error"

Same and the contact us thingy failed so....prob gonna wait a bit before "spamming" new forum >.<
Rip
Rip

Back to top Go down

Post  laerik Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:56 pm

I like the new forum. Esp. the chat, you can post gifs in it!

A little proposition from UDMod :) - Page 2 Tumblr_lk7wscROkU1qepzdt

Also, i had no problem registering. Probably because i'm not a spamtroll Razz
laerik
laerik

Back to top Go down

Post  Rip Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:18 am

Also, i had no problem registering. Probably because i'm not a spamtroll Razz
Or maybe because ur nick is more than 3letters long....just went with Ripp instead or Rip and it worked....
Rip
Rip

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum