City of Tempest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City of Tempest: Blade Hunter

+4
Marcus
SungJ
Thrallsa
Contempt
8 posters

Go down

City of Tempest: Blade Hunter Empty City of Tempest: Blade Hunter

Post  Contempt Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:08 am

How do you play Blade Hunter?

Contempt
Admin

https://cityoftempest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

City of Tempest: Blade Hunter Empty Re: City of Tempest: Blade Hunter

Post  Thrallsa Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:34 am

My favorite hero in CT! This was the hero I was playing most before knowing inhouse existed ^^

I have played him less recently which sucks since I used to be good with this one Sad

Thrallsa

Back to top Go down

City of Tempest: Blade Hunter Empty Indeed most popular character in CT

Post  SungJ Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:14 am

I dont know about EU but in Korea and NA I daresay it is #1 in popularity.

After final blow mana became 350, most koreans go 5mana - mana card - then pot

but i'm no blade hunter expert xd ask other expert guys

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:29 am

5 mana is a great solution but i dont think (personally) that you need final blow to pot rush. xcz is enough to kill the enemy early game. (spam it ofc)

i tried 2 builds

4 mana
and

3 mana + mana pack

Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post  Thrallsa Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:17 am

my build will always be 4 mana, as that is always how I have played BH ^^

EDIT: My build with BH:

-1mana
-2mana
-1mana 1 attack
-2 attack
-FB+1attack (or blazing depends) [also with patch FB will be later than this, but imo it is not needed that early anyway]
-2attack (or 1atk+blazing if I didnt get it before)
-either 1atk+1speed or 2atk, depends on what hero I am laned with and if other heroes are getting speed.
-max attack
-armor, simple

I would also like to note that I do get the storm upgrade if I feel the extra 15% slow is useful.

Also we have the fun build:

same as above in start (4 mana etc)
-get mode at 300 mana
-pump attack to 17 or 18 (also get blazing+storm upgrade)
-max out armor
-extra minerals I believe will be best spent in speed to avoid kiting as much as possible.

but this build gets very bad though in new patch because of some skills ignoring armor, but if you are not playing against any of those, try it! You literally never die, while doing acceptable damage as long as you're not getting kited (which is why you get storm upgrade).

I have a bias towards always saving up 1100 for regen+pot since it will help out in the long run as long as you are not an idiot and get potkilled 100 times. I never tried the mana card but I feel it's very risky with melee heroes anyway.

Just my 2 cents

Thrallsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:34 pm

Thrallsa wrote:my build will always be 4 mana, as that is always how I have played BH ^^

EDIT: My build with BH:

-1mana
-2mana
-1mana 1 attack
-2 attack
-FB+1attack (or blazing depends) [also with patch FB will be later than this, but imo it is not needed that early anyway]
-2attack (or 1atk+blazing if I didnt get it before)
-either 1atk+1speed or 2atk, depends on what hero I am laned with and if other heroes are getting speed.
-max attack
-armor, simple

I would also like to note that I do get the storm upgrade if I feel the extra 15% slow is useful.

Also we have the fun build:

same as above in start (4 mana etc)
-get mode at 300 mana
-pump attack to 17 or 18 (also get blazing+storm upgrade)
-max out armor
-extra minerals I believe will be best spent in speed to avoid kiting as much as possible.

but this build gets very bad though in new patch because of some skills ignoring armor, but if you are not playing against any of those, try it! You literally never die, while doing acceptable damage as long as you're not getting kited (which is why you get storm upgrade).

I have a bias towards always saving up 1100 for regen+pot since it will help out in the long run as long as you are not an idiot and get potkilled 100 times. I never tried the mana card but I feel it's very risky with melee heroes anyway.

Just my 2 cents

very hard to kite in ct because of epic charge cancellers and blazing

Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post  SungJ Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:37 pm

Final Blow now cost 350 mana, so there are different options of stats to choose.

1. 5mana - 3atk - Final Blow. Recommended stat vs melee.
2. 6mana - Final Blow. Recommended stat vs blinkers like soul hunter or zava. (forget abel his blink is helpless)
3. 5mana - blazing/storm upgrade - 1atk - Final Blow. Recommended stat vs any fast opponent.

imo those three would be the common choices you would make for traditional blade hunter style.
I don't personally like mana cards but if you want you can go 3-5mana and mana card.
Though I think blade hunter's ideal role is to make your opponent starve starting from lvl2-3.

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:53 pm

of course, if your finalblow is pro, you dont need storm/blazing upgrade. in fact, you can even own booster zedait without any slow.
if ur lazy like me, dont even use x-move until like level 20 Cool

pacman

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexander Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:41 pm

lol. Troll as always.

Anyway -

0 - Mana
1 - Mana/Mana
2 - Mana/Attack
3 - Blazing/Storm (now you kill)
4 - Attack/Attack
5 - Attack/Attack
6 - Attack/Final Blow
7-9 - Attack/Attack
10+ - Speed/Attack

I go 4 mana and upgrade the z and x because they slow more and do more damage, so it's worth it. Blazing hits twice if you upgrade it, and the slow on storm is very useful. I don't like to get final blow early, but vs melee you may have to do some of the higher mana builds, but thinking of a 6 mana BH makes me just want to barf.

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:51 pm

ok... who we gonna trust???? pacnoob, troll extrodinaire, or alex?!?!?

be like pacnoob and go a) my fuck around build: 5 mana, 2 attack, attack + fb, attackkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
or b) my serious build: vision, range + speed, max speed, max health, last 13 minerals into mana,
buy nothing but health pots and predators. throw in the occasional respawn time to keep yourself healthy.
no way to lose.

pacman

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexander Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:53 pm

LOL. I think I'm actually going to try build #2.

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:14 pm

range as melee... ultimate upgrade.. soo great it requires hax to get it o_0

SadFace

Back to top Go down

City of Tempest: Blade Hunter Empty BH BUUG

Post  Mazi Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:29 am

helo guys Blade hunter have horrible bug u dont get CHARGE on lvl 2 and after all u dont get in with any other lvl Sad please repair it

Mazi

Back to top Go down

Post  Thrallsa Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:39 pm

Mazi wrote:helo guys Blade hunter have horrible bug u dont get CHARGE on lvl 2 and after all u dont get in with any other lvl Sad please repair it

1.) This happens with all melee heroes.

2.) It was the Blizzard 1.4 patch that caused this issue.

But yes, fix please Very Happy

Thrallsa

Back to top Go down

Post  SungJ Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:29 pm

*Nostalgia's (=Xelnaga's) Tips from KR website

-lvl1: turn on berserker after you hit the first crate 3 times with normal attack so you can prevent getting stolen
(except vs janne...)

-vs Kriz, Hades, B9: take two crates b4 marines, cuz you won't get stolen anyway + they'll normal atk you all the way

-vs Janne: Don't take any crate and go to middle tower first and hit marines straight.
You can neither prevent getting stolen nor steal Janne's crate.

-Stats: 5mana 1atk1storm 1atk1FB atkatk...... on lvl7-9 put 2 speed stats + blazing upgrade.
Get all 5 speed stats till lvl15. Don't get any health stats in the middle cuz FB&charge are enough for surviving.
All Health after all atk.

-If opponent mid lane is Abel, save 350 mana and hit gas tanks with normal atk to prevent dying from Chaos Beam.

-After lvl3 don't take creep with normal atk and always be careful of your hp.

-Use x for farming. Late game use xc -> only big marines left -> z (if you do xcz too fast z will hit small marines)

-Blazing hits closest 6 targets.

-vs ZeDait, Force Fire, Hades: Don't charge up the closest ramp from shop and save 350 mana when you go up.

-vs Fang: Must get 3 mana regens.

-vs Force Fire: Don't try to survive with early shields.

-vs Lur Cellant: Must get shields b4 mana regens.
Can't farm anyway with extra mana regen since if you do and lur hits you first, you lose.

-vs Duran: Must gank. Must.

-vs Soul Hunter: Make them fire/miss ice mage first by constant blazing & moving then pot kill with FB

-vs Blinkers: Don't use FB till blink is on cooldown.

-vs Abel in same lane: Forget pot kill. Just pile up mana regens.

-vs Chimera: also take 2 crates b4 marines since chimera's z is 15x4 so it can't steal anyway.

-Shop: Mana regen -> Booster -> Mana regen -> Shields x 2 -> Mana Regen -> Portal -> Shields x 3
After full shields buy 1-2 shield batteries. Do not buy health regen packs or armor packs.
Get portal after at least 1000 shields. Get first shield at latest before lvl11.

-Never fight face to face vs Fang, Force Fire, Duran, Mode Lur, Dark Fact or you die ^^.

-vs Fang, FF, Mode Lur: Key to win is force them to use their ults (FF = x) with blazing or storm
-> run away with charge and/or FB -> come back and pot kill when their ults are on cooldown.
vs Fang you go kill if you have more than 70% of hp left after dodging. Otherwise go back home.
vs FF a Force Fire without ult is piece of cake.
Let FF use x on you -> you charge away -> FF wastes pot and x cooldown -> you go back and kill

-vs Dark Fact: When DF gets to lvl2 BH supposedly is on lvl3 -> Kill DF immediately -> DF can't go economic builds.
After that never over-commit in pvp. Just use constant blazing/storm to take DF's pot out of the way.

-Early game: Destroy your lane.
-Mid game: control mid lane.
Requires to watch the whole minimap and good map reading.
-Late game: Pile up health pots and be a tanker for your team.
You throw out blazing/storm -> they pot onto you -> You dodge -> continue same process.
Pile up health pots instead of mana pots for tanking.

-Ress packs are viable options, esp. when your whole team dies and you want to stop opponents from taking towers.

-Potions:
lvl1-6: 1 mp pot
lvl7-10: 2 mp pot
lvl11-15: 1 hp pot + 2 mp pot
lvl16-20: 3 hp pot + 2 mp pot
lvl20-end: 5 hp pot + 2 mp pot

Last edited by SungJ on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NoonEe Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:49 pm

Shows us again how far ahead koreans are skillwise lol Very Happy
NoonEe
NoonEe

Back to top Go down

Post  Thrallsa Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:30 pm

and everyone in EU keeps telling me BH pwns FF easily and that I am a noob for not winning a lane. Good thing I listen more to myself.

Thrallsa

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:30 pm

lol... against ff how are you supposed to bait x, charge away (survive with reasonable health), and return for a potkill.... all of this in less than five seconds it takes for x to be of cd???

krk: thanks a ton for bringing this to us! can you ask him how he pushes his buildings? he says only 2 mana pots from 11-15, so does he even get his buildings? he says early game: destroy your lane, but with bh that takes at least 3 mana pots early game.
also, how does he play final blow vs mode bladehunter?

ty!

pacman

Back to top Go down

Post  SungJ Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:35 pm

pacman wrote:lol... against ff how are you supposed to bait x, charge away (survive with reasonable health), and return for a potkill.... all of this in less than five seconds it takes for x to be of cd???

krk: thanks a ton for bringing this to us! can you ask him how he pushes his buildings? he says only 2 mana pots from 11-15, so does he even get his buildings? he says early game: destroy your lane, but with bh that takes at least 3 mana pots early game.
also, how does he play final blow vs mode bladehunter?

ty!

1. The only clue he gives about bait & charge away is "always position yourself where you can charge away"
Even most Koreans don't get that part, so I guess that is Nostalgia's speciality.

2. The only building he gets is his own bunker after the pusher reduces hp for him.
From mid game he just snipes ppl in mid lane.

3. I think he agrees that mode wins in general. I guess you need someone to hold still of the mode player to gank.

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:58 pm

the dodging part imo works like the whole stupid zava blink mindgame u predict when he headbutts and charge at that moment XD (otherwise xfc is practically instant and ur fucked) but before he can do xfc, imo u can outcombo xcf/xcv with xczf on optimal timing

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  Thrallsa Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:25 pm

Is there any replay that demonstrates this "baiting" of the FF X so I can see what you mean? Because if a FF hits me with X it's usually lights out either quickly or instantly.

Do you mean the first pots where he can't kill you as fast?

Thrallsa

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:12 am

i think he means u run around on the edge of the headbutt range spamming ur z and the moment he headbutts u gtfo with a chargecancel away... (or mindgame it if u dont hav the reactions for that)

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down