City of Tempest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City of Tempest: Soul Hunter Builds and strategies

5 posters

Go down

City of Tempest: Soul Hunter Builds and strategies Empty City of Tempest: Soul Hunter Builds and strategies

Post  SungJ Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:38 am

-Normal Builds-

[Minerals=Stats]

*Ice Mage
lvl0 = 1mana
lvl2 = 2mana
lvl3 = 2mana (Total of 5mana)
lvl4 = 2atk
lvl5 = 1atk & Ice mage
lvl6 = 2atk
lvl7 = 1atk & Upgrade Storm
lvl8 = 1atk & Upgrade Vision
lvl9 = 2atk
lvl10-14 = 1atk 1speed
lvl15-22 = 2atk
(Upgrade Gravity Laser whenever you finish your bunker.)
lvl23-30 = 2armor
(Change armor to health vs Zeros with Dark True Strike, Arcane, or Mechatron.)

*Soul Wave
lvl0 = 1mana
lvl2 = 2mana
lvl3 = 2mana (Total of 5mana)
lvl4-5 = 2atk
lvl6 = 1atk & Soul Wave
lvl7 = 1atk & Storm Upgrade
lvl8 = 1atk & Upgrade Gravity Laser
lvl9 = 1atk & Upgrade Vision
lvl10-12 = 2atk
lvl13 = 1atk 1speed
lvl14-15 = 2speed
lvl16-22 = 2atk
lvl23-30 = 2armor
(Change armor to health vs Zeros with Dark True Strike, Arcane, or Mechatron.)

[Gas=Shops]

*Ice Mage
Mana Regen x 2 -> Booster -> Shield x 2 -> 1 Mana Regen -> Shield x 3 -> Portal
-> 1-3 Health Packs -> 1 Shield Regen -> Armor packs x 5
(Mix in Cards / Potions whenever you need them. Also switch the buying orders depending on situations.)
(vs Zeros with Dark True, Arcane, or Mechatron, max out Health Packs instead of Armor Packs and get 1 Health Regen)

*Soul Wave
Mana Regen x 2 -> Mana Pack x 2 -> Booster -> Shield x 5 -> Portal
-> 1-3 Health Packs -> 1 Shield Regen -> Armor packs x 5
(Mix in Cards / Potions whenever you need them. Also switch the buying orders depending on situations.)
(vs Zeros with Dark True, Arcane, or Mechatron, max out Health Packs instead of Armor Packs and get 1 Health Regen)

[PvP Combo Options]

*Ice Mage
1. fvb c xv (CardMaster from KR. Artemis from NA. SadFace from EU.)
2. fv cb xv (Rudolf from KR. SungJ from NA.)
3. bfv c xvb (IU from KR.)

*Soul Wave
1. fbvxc (Chunja & AceKim from KR. MishenEx from NA.)

(Regardless of ultimate selection, every combo assumes constant non-pot harrassment using c or v.)

<How to face each character>

(To be continued...)

Last edited by SungJ on Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:28 am; edited 6 times in total

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

City of Tempest: Soul Hunter Builds and strategies Empty Re: City of Tempest: Soul Hunter Builds and strategies

Post  SadFace Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:26 pm

btw whats the idea behind 4 mana, 1 level earlier icemage? iv seen ppl do it occasionally but imo if u want earlier icemage u can still do it with 5 mana and it will still 1 combo ppl due to ur sheer damage output if u want to do early pot style

SadFace

Back to top Go down

City of Tempest: Soul Hunter Builds and strategies Empty Re: City of Tempest: Soul Hunter Builds and strategies

Post  SungJ Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:22 pm

SadFace wrote:btw whats the idea behind 4 mana, 1 level earlier icemage? iv seen ppl do it occasionally but imo if u want earlier icemage u can still do it with 5 mana and it will still 1 combo ppl due to ur sheer damage output if u want to do early pot style

I don't think it's the right build to use.
Theoretically SH should never deny taking control over lane creep and go pvp straight away.
SH needs to control every single creep to ensure the geological(?) advantage in pvp strats.
So getting ice mage too early doesn't help you at all, unless you're on a side lane and going super aggro card+pot strat.
Otherwise, always get enough mana/atk stat to take complete lane control first then get the ult.

And about mana points, I tried 4mana ice mage, 6mana ice mage, and 6mana soul wave.
I concluded that for any ult 5mana is the best and safest in terms of creep control, pvp, etc.
Although 6mana soul wave is a viable stat if you want to save gas that are used by extra mana packs + mana regens.

Oh, and early aggro with SH is extremely risky in long terms.
You must get faster shields than anyone else to maintain pvp ability till mid-late game,
so minimize the usage of cards/pots till you get enough shields/portal. (typical ShieldJ mindset I assume)

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:50 pm

(geological --> terrain advantage)

pacman

Back to top Go down

Post  SungJ Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:01 pm

pacman wrote:(geological --> terrain advantage)

ty

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  After-Life Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:28 am

Well thanks to SungJ i have now started learning SH and still only play him in pubs but OMG he is such a monster if you level right and can micro well. I'm still not close to IH level with him but owned some Pubs with not getting killed almost all games TNX SungJ you build is great and btw i just go Ice Mage
After-Life
After-Life

Back to top Go down

Post  SungJ Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:47 am

After-Life wrote:Well thanks to SungJ i have now started learning SH and still only play him in pubs but OMG he is such a monster if you level right and can micro well. I'm still not close to IH level with him but owned some Pubs with not getting killed almost all games TNX SungJ you build is great and btw i just go Ice Mage

You're welcome and thanks for giving me credit xD Ice mage is more highly recommended so good start you got there

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  After-Life Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:01 am

SungJ wrote:
<How to face each character>
(To be continued...)
BTW cant wait for you to finish this Twisted Evil
After-Life
After-Life

Back to top Go down

Post  SungJ Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:15 am

After-Life wrote:BTW cant wait for you to finish this Twisted Evil

I will try to finish that after tourney just in case I don't give out strats xD

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclo Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:28 pm

Relax, Barsark wants to ban your Mechatron. Since he's never seen you do badly with it, (but you've played it less).

Cyclo

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:37 pm

generally how to lane against things with sh falls into 3 categories: outpush -> support lanes, outpush + kill and dominate, zone the lane and control the flow of the game by helpin other lanes

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  SungJ Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:09 pm

SadFace wrote:generally how to lane against things with sh falls into 3 categories: outpush -> support lanes, outpush + kill and dominate, zone the lane and control the flow of the game by helpin other lanes

So true, but I was planning to write out which option works best vs each character,
how to position yourself, what skills you have to be most careful, what skills you need to blink out, etc.
Thanks for categorizing that though Smile

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:56 pm

(tho that categorisation only is true for icemage - for soulwave just push as hard and as fast as u can then just add support dps everywhere)

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down