City of Tempest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KrK's Tutorial IH Replays - Soul/Janne/Mech

+7
NoonEe
After-Life
Executioner
Macanas
pacman
Alexander
SungJ
11 posters

Go down

KrK's Tutorial IH Replays - Soul/Janne/Mech Empty KrK's Tutorial IH Replays - Soul/Janne/Mech

Post  SungJ Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:35 am

I just wanted to put this up for any of you who might want to start learn some of the characters that I usually use.
As always I appreciate feedbacks Smile

1. Soul Hunter vs Alex's Zeros, Executioner's Ron, NormalCoffee's Phantom Gazette
=> http :// www .mediafire. com /?fyre11016tc5o0j

2. Mechatron vs reaperman's Sylon, aloera's Dark Fact, NoBeardAsian's ZeDait
=> http :// www .mediafire. com /?dzr906f1797x3yc

3. Soul Hunter vs Kas's Dark Fact, iDra's Fang Dong Feng, ajunior's Force Fire
=> http :// www .mediafire. com /?5svzhznee8yfmsv

4. Janne D'Arc vs Kas's ZeDait, iDra's Fang Dong Feng, ajunior's Duran
=> http :// www .mediafire. com /?u20l1tbakbmim5s

5. Janne D'Arc vs NoBeardAsian's ZeDait, MishenEx's Vagullion, Artemis's Samarion
=> http :// www .mediafire. com /?a7yv43njv0n5ns8

Last edited by SungJ on Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

KrK's Tutorial IH Replays - Soul/Janne/Mech Empty Re: KrK's Tutorial IH Replays - Soul/Janne/Mech

Post  Alexander Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:53 am

Who is this KrKNoob?

Alexander

Back to top Go down

KrK's Tutorial IH Replays - Soul/Janne/Mech Empty Re: KrK's Tutorial IH Replays - Soul/Janne/Mech

Post  SungJ Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:41 am

Alexander wrote:Who is this KrKNoob?

hi ^^

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:22 pm

omg why am i not in any of these T_T

pacman

Back to top Go down

Post  Macanas Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:50 pm

Alexander wrote:Who is this KrKNoob?
its shieldj

Macanas

Back to top Go down

Post  Executioner Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:56 am

I bet i raged really hard that game.
Executioner
Executioner

Back to top Go down

Post  After-Life Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:44 am

WoW i have to say i have not watched a lot of KR replays but Sungj aka KrK's SH is so good i think i should be banned Twisted Evil
After-Life
After-Life

Back to top Go down

Post  SungJ Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:49 am

If I get to borrow an EU account I will join and try EU IHs as well if I can.

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NoonEe Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:47 am

That would be cool :3
NoonEe
NoonEe

Back to top Go down

Post  SungJ Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:46 am

I'll be adding a few more replays tomorrow, so I'd appreciate feedbacks.

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  After-Life Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:09 am

SungJ wrote:If I get to borrow an EU account I will join and try EU IHs as well if I can.
well it looks like there is a few accounts we can try to arrange for you sadface has posted them Roinuja(?), aRdi(?) and imtd's one. I think imtd said he got two so i think he is the best bet. Ill just post and ask him so we can see a pro SH on EU don't think there is any as good as you Twisted Evil
After-Life
After-Life

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:27 pm

there better be one with me in it.... Very Happy Very Happy

pacman

Back to top Go down

Post  michi Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:06 pm

SungJ wrote:If I get to borrow an EU account I will join and try EU IHs as well if I can.
if you want you can use my acc mon-friday almost evry week.

michi

Back to top Go down

Post  anakko Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:28 pm

Really nice SungJ, especially the replay where you play SH vs Kas (DF)...
This replay makes me wonder, wouldn't SH also be a good option on a side? I mean i always hear SH is better in mid, he's great support/pushing, and all of that. Obviously, that's true.
But on a side, i felt like you could focus 100% on kiling the other guy and taking his turrets, instead of being distracted by what happens in the side lanes like middle lane heroes usually are.
In my eyes you played it a bit like a melee, trashing your lane before going in the middle to help.
But the thing is a melee isn't usally great at killing buildings, when SH can just make them disappear in a matter of seconds. You end up overleveled rapidly and can start to kill left and right, gank and all that. Ofc, you have to be spot on for your potkills...
I guess people have already thought about it, but i'd like to hear what the general opinion is about this fact : is SH a good option on a side?

anakko

Back to top Go down

Post  SungJ Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:22 pm

anakko wrote:
Really nice SungJ, especially the replay where you play SH vs Kas (DF)...
This replay makes me wonder, wouldn't SH also be a good option on a side? I mean i always hear SH is better in mid, he's great support/pushing, and all of that. Obviously, that's true.
But on a side, i felt like you could focus 100% on kiling the other guy and taking his turrets, instead of being distracted by what happens in the side lanes like middle lane heroes usually are.
In my eyes you played it a bit like a melee, trashing your lane before going in the middle to help.
But the thing is a melee isn't usally great at killing buildings, when SH can just make them disappear in a matter of seconds. You end up overleveled rapidly and can start to kill left and right, gank and all that. Ofc, you have to be spot on for your potkills...
I guess people have already thought about it, but i'd like to hear what the general opinion is about this fact : is SH a good option on a side?

Thanks for watching anakko.

To answer your question, there were a few conditions that made side-SH useful in that match.
1. SH vs DF = Easiest matchup you could think of for SH if you know how to play it.
2. Kas didn't split ghosts & big marines = made me able to massively out-farm him with only 4mana.
3. SH as side = there is nothing else to do but to dominate lane control and creep flow,
pot-kill using ramp/watch tower advantage (esp. vs DF) and then complete the towers asap to help mid.
4. What was more important as a side-carrier was what to do after completing the lane.
These are what I tried to do:
-Control center watch towers as if I were the mid player.
-Attack from behind vs any opponent who goes deep into teammates' lane.
-Care about left lane "only" when 1) creeps respawn 2) exp. tanks respawn 3) opponents go for left towers
-Snipe out opponents just to clear the path for teammates to take their towers.
-Carrier leads the way (to push towers) for teammates, and teammates stick to the carrier.

Usually SH is better off mid because it:
1. can have better survivability (two sides of towers & ramps + more space to blink)
2. can make more usage of watch towers
3. can creep farm very fast and effectively
4. can help other lanes using mobility(blink), positioning (watch towers), and slows/stun.
5. does not have to face power-heavy characters in same lane (even if so other factors favor SH than them)
Maybe just a small number of casters is ok to face for SH in side lane; otherwise it's much harder.

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:43 pm

u can go aggro and do what u just said but by ignorin what happens in the mid and left u could be left with 1 domination and 2 losses in which case thats basically auto gg...

its much better to slow ur push but try to ensure the other 2 lanes win or at least dont lose by a lot

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  SungJ Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:00 am

SadFace wrote:u can go aggro and do what u just said but by ignorin what happens in the mid and left u could be left with 1 domination and 2 losses in which case thats basically auto gg...

its much better to slow ur push but try to ensure the other 2 lanes win or at least dont lose by a lot

+1.
There are some rare situations in which fast completion of your lane eventually results in better support
(prolly before the 15minute mark), but in general I totally agree with what you said.

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleSabbath Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:29 am

I love this topic. Great replays and deep discussions.
It makes me want to really think about CT and putting up a strategy, with builds, counters, etc, like in a normal sc 2 game.

At the same time I just got back home (6 am) and I'm still very high on energy despite spending the night talking with my gf's family about WWII, the good sides of imperialism and much more. The whole day was pretty much a nice race because I took an overdose of piracetam/choline/caffeine/tyrosine/etc etc etc etc etc etc this morning.

I think I'm going to download the replays again, watch them closely, take notes, watch them again while comparing the notes then build up some rules to be followed and a mantra to be repeated before each game just like pro-players do (oGsMC, etc etc.)

Then I'm going to kill some hobo and eat him ^^

PurpleSabbath

Back to top Go down

Post  anakko Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:43 am

Thx a lot for the detailed answers, was a great read!
Hope your SH won't get banned in BOA, coz i kinda want more reps of it Cool

anakko

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down