City of Tempest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pots still bull shit

+18
SungJ
NoonEe
SadFace
Alexander
After-Life
BaLLz
Rip
Sandman
shmo11100
Executioner
Modesty
Plice
laerik
imtd
pacman
Cyclo
Macanas
Ballistixz
22 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

pots still bull shit - Page 2 Empty Re: pots still bull shit

Post  BaLLz Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:51 am

Ballistixz wrote:

rofl no. in starcraft its called APM and APM is NO INDICATION OF PLAYER SKILL. you can get away with fairly low APM in SC and still be a pro player. one good example is idra. machanically he is one of the best in the world with his fingers and yet still managest to get beat by players with significantly lower APM then him. so no your logic/point is void because APM/quick fingers do not determine the game in SC and SC2.

also LOL no bro. dota and even marine fucking arena (both of which are constantly on first page) has a higher skill cap then CT. so no that isnt the reason for its low popularity. stop kidding yourself.

Can you tell me what league(s) you are in ladder? It is true that APM does not indicate skill level after a certain threshold. There were several articles showing that on average, the APM is higher in better leagues.

Saying that, I think you don't need high APM in CT. Rather, you need to read the map well, play positionally, and most importantly play as a team. I think learning how to use pots is relatively easy and even you admitted it so I really don't get your point of making this thread.

I don't like Marine arena, but I'm not gonna go on their website/forum bashing it....mkay?

BaLLz

Back to top Go down

Post  After-Life Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:25 am

I vote we make a new CT custom game and call it CT for Noobs. This game should be similar the the original but because its for noobs we make it a turn base game as soon as you get close to another player your game pauses and you have like 10min to think of ways to attack and maybe also be able to make combos so when it un-pauses you can just sit and watch the other hero die?? or maybe 20min?? how long do you need to think of how to attack? What do you think Ballistixz can this make the game better for you??
After-Life
After-Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexander Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:55 am

Omfg, so much funny everywhere. LOL @ pacman. "that pesky thing". wow that was hilarious. So true.

Now, for some stuff:

1.) CT is considerably more PvP based than Hero Attack and SOTIS. These games are farming based and more about learning item and farming patterns rather than PvP skills. I will get to what I define as "PvP skills" later.

2.) Although SOTIS and HA do have their own skillsets (every game does, really, even Marine Arena), CT has more difficult skillsets to master. All games are basically a set of patterns, with some having more complex then others. I would argue that HA in general has a set of patterns that is much easier to learn and master individually than does CT. Again, we will get to this soon.

3.) CT is a 3v3 game which differentiates the metagame considerably from SOTIS/HA. It is the same difference between playing 1v1 and playing 4v4. 4v4 is less about individual skill and more about some random massing or rush maneuver or purely luck of the draw. SOTIS and HA are 6v6. Increase the amount of players and you reduce the amount of individual skill required.

4.) The CT map is designed to have specific teamwork roles and PvP features, very much unlike SOTIS/HA. Usage of towers, cliffs, neutral buildings, positioning of things like pylon or DTS for turrets make the map considerably more about strategy than SOTIS or HA (which btw SOTIS is a beautiful map but has nothing in terms of strategy).

5.) Using a potion is actually not easy at all because the regeneration is not infinite. As pacman pointed out in a great post about the rate, quick fingers are actually a disadvantage if you are TOO quick and it makes you deselect. This is why learning the pattern of not only what abilities to use and when as well as how fast in between is much more complex than a pattern you will learn in HA or SOTIS.

6.) CT uses specific timings for creep and tanks to where leveling is a precise art at high end games. Because you are matched up against one person whether you want to or not, the game forces you into a position where you must utilize these features better than your opponent, unlike HA or SOTIS where it is a FFA and nobody is individually challenged to out-level someone else directly.

7.) The psychology behind CT's success here and in Korea is due to culture. In Korea, the culture has a long history of competitive gaming and takes gaming seriously. Here in NA, gaming is more of a recreational endeavor due to the culture, so people prefer to play a game like SOTIS or HA where their individual skill does not have to be put in the spotlight and they can identify with the group and farm in the FFA and buy items, play a long epic battle and so on. Since CT is much more challenging to the individual, this does not lend as well to the NA culture.

8.) Individually, CT will always require more skills than HA/SOTIS or most custom maps I have seen because there are a considerable amount of mental tasks you need to engage in to have good performance. When you understand how the game works and how each hero work, you will come to this conclusion. Every hero requires aim both in precision (targetted skills) and in general (AoE skills) as well as in sequence (combination) and positioning. It is also a game of teamwork and pushing the base with significant chance for comeback by the opposite team, so will always require constant attention to strategy unlike SOTIS or HA which are more about epic farming and massing items for ridiculous carry.

9.) If you think pots need to be taken out of the game, maybe you can LALA can collaborate to form the retarded version of CT since he may need some help with that.

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:42 pm

Play more inhouses

Also for a note pots are more to do with timin than finger speed

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  NoonEe Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:08 pm

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Marine arena has higher skill cap than CT? Means with 200 apm you have 200 moves PER FRAME! How can ct top that?
NoonEe
NoonEe

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:08 pm

Sommin is really wrong with ur maths noonee

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  NoonEe Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:17 pm

if you've ever played marine arena, you'll get it
NoonEe
NoonEe

Back to top Go down

Post  SungJ Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:11 pm

I guess potions are what makes CT different from most AOS stuff; CT is more of an arcade.

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Plice Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:19 pm

NoonEe wrote:LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Marine arena has higher skill cap than CT? Means with 200 apm you have 200 moves PER FRAME! How can ct top that?

Yea this made me laugh XD
Plice
Plice

Back to top Go down

Post  triumph Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:34 pm

also; put restrictions to 2v1 play, like autokicksystem if someone leaves his lane. pot newbs, team newbs, l2play.

btw, why you guys feeding the troll? he is obv just pissed that he gets owned.
triumph
triumph

Back to top Go down

Post  Modesty Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:42 pm

If ppl just started to RQ like a boss everytime they get imba ganked 2v1 this game would be so much better.
Modesty
Modesty

http://disco.fleo.se/?name=MODESTY

Back to top Go down

Post  >Fun< Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:01 pm

Yea and it's not a true kill when u kill ur opponent while he's 1v1ing your towers. That would be suuu nuub.
Also: Using Portal is noob, coz it takes no skill 2 press E while ur @ red Hp. I mean: He can get away, WTF111ß

No, srsly I don't understand OP's problem.
You have pots and your opponents have pots --> Balance??!!??!!?
Watch Alexander's Zeros-Video where he tricked a Feng by forcing him to use a Mana-Pot. Pots make the game more dynamic and thrilling. Deal with it or don't play C.T.
Period.
>Fun<
>Fun<

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:33 pm

>Fun< wrote:Using Portal is noob, coz it takes no skill 2 press E while ur @ red Hp. I mean: He can get away, WTF111ß

that technique dont work for michi in eu XD

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  Modesty Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:19 pm

I dont think Michi have ever done a successful portal.
Modesty
Modesty

Back to top Go down

Post  Ballistixz Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:57 pm

>Fun< wrote:Yea and it's not a true kill when u kill ur opponent while he's 1v1ing your towers. That would be suuu nuub.
Also: Using Portal is noob, coz it takes no skill 2 press E while ur @ red Hp. I mean: He can get away, WTF111ß

Watch Alexander's Zeros-Video where he tricked a Feng by forcing him to use a Mana-Pot. Pots make the game more dynamic and thrilling. Deal with it or don't play C.T.
Period.

you dont have pots and your opponents dont have pots-------> Balance??!!??!!??!?!??!111

dont see your point.

there are ways to balance the game without pots or hell, you dont even have to get rid of them. increasing the cost on them is just as good. pots are honestly just the lazy way out.

Last edited by Ballistixz on Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ballistixz

Back to top Go down

Post  imtd Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:58 pm

Ballistixz wrote:
>Fun< wrote:Yea and it's not a true kill when u kill ur opponent while he's 1v1ing your towers. That would be suuu nuub.

Period.

you dont have pots and your opponents dont have pots-------> Balance??!!??!!??!?!??!111

dont see your point.

so whats wrong with having them then? they are OP right?

imtd

Back to top Go down

Post  Ballistixz Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:05 pm

imtd wrote:
Ballistixz wrote:

Period.

dont see your point.

so whats wrong with having them then? they are OP right?

it makes the game stupid in all honestly. both sides spamming pots does not make the game more "dynamic". all you do is kill a lane and some tanks and you can go wild on pots for as long as you want. there's no real strategy involved except thinking of ways to make ur opponent run out of pots(like cute tricks to "trick" your opponent into wasting a pot). and the second u run out of pots and your opponent still has some are pretty much instantly dead.

to make a long story short. THE GAME REVOLVES AND DICTATES ITSELF PURELY OFF OF POTS. no one see anything wrong with that? that if you dont have a certain item (pots in this case) you are pretty much worthless in any serious game? why the fuck do you have to waste sevral k on pots every fucking game? the game revolves around pots and im sick of it to be quite honest.

Ballistixz

Back to top Go down

Post  imtd Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:09 pm

I almost want to make a poll just to show you how incredibly wrong you are

imtd

Back to top Go down

Post  Ballistixz Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:12 pm

imtd wrote:I almost want to make a poll just to show you how incredibly wrong you are

so your saying you can join a IH game, your entire team never uses pots but the opposing team still does, both EQUALLY skilled, and your team comes out on top even tho your team never used a single pot? ya thats something id love to see.

Ballistixz

Back to top Go down

Post  >Fun< Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:18 pm

Ballistixz wrote:

Period.

dont see your point.

there are ways to balance the game without pots or hell, you dont even have to get rid of them. increasing the cost on them is just as good. pots are honestly just the lazy way out.
Butthurt user is butthurt.

Don't get ur argumentation. U said pots are OP, but both teams can use pots? That doesn't make sense, so if ur mad about losing a fight after ur opponent used a pot why don't you just use pots too when you fight? Wtf...
>Fun<
>Fun<

Back to top Go down

Post  Modesty Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:21 pm

You can actually play some heroes with a minimum of pots. In some sense buying a pot (or early card) is to get shit done right away, buying items is more an investment for later. You need to find the balance, and going extreme in either direction is very tricky.

And tbh pots add more dynamic, because you add the early pvp (which would be impossible with out pot). Removing pots would make all melee useless (and some casters), and the game would be slow and boring. like you.
Modesty
Modesty

Back to top Go down

Post  Ballistixz Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:25 pm

>Fun< wrote:
Ballistixz wrote:

Period.

dont see your point.

Butthurt user is butthurt.

Don't get ur argumentation. U said pots are OP, but both teams can use pots? That doesn't make sense, so if ur mad about losing a fight after ur opponent used a pot why don't you just use pots too when you fight? Wtf...

you and a few other ppl in this thread do not understand the concept of "imbalance" or "overpowered". when a item is so fucking powerful that it forces both teams to have them in ANY serious game then that item is a overpowered item. case closed.

you wont see a SERIOUS game where one team buys pots and the other team doesn buy pots. it just doesnt happen. ya one team may use fewer pots then the other team, but they still are using fucking pots from start to finish because of how insanely good of an item it is.

and as for that early "it gives the game early pvp" ya bullshit. you know why? because some heroes have insanely low HP while other heroes have insanely high dmging skills. now put 1 and 1 together and add a pot to that mix. it gives certain heroes the ability to 1 or 2 shot certain heroes VERY early into the game before they have any proper shields or HP adds.

if you want ways to add early pvp then there are ways to do it without having to add pots.

Last edited by Ballistixz on Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ballistixz

Back to top Go down

Post  >Fun< Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:32 pm

Ok, then Ultis are OP too, coz u only can win if u use ur Ultimate skill?
Made my day.
>Fun<
>Fun<

Back to top Go down

Post  Ballistixz Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:34 pm

>Fun< wrote:Ok, then Ultis are OP too, coz u only can win if u use ur Ultimate skill?
Made my day.

no stupid fuck. you can only spam ultis/certain early skills if u pop a pot. which means u can get hero kills AND continue to farm just from 1 pot. pots are what allows those kills to happen because without pots u wouldnt have the energy to spam them so carelessly.

this is more evident on low mana heroes like quakers. without a pot he cant hero kill for shit. but pop a pot and he can hero skill and wipe the entire lane clean just from 1 fucking pot.

Last edited by Ballistixz on Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ballistixz

Back to top Go down

Post  Macanas Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:36 pm

Cant believe how stupid these fucking noobs are nowaday

Macanas

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down