City of Tempest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NA vs EU topic

+9
mr pro
Macanas
michi
pacman
After-Life
Cyclo
SungJ
SadFace
Plice
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

NA vs EU topic - Page 2 Empty Re: NA vs EU topic

Post  Plice Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:30 am

Basically what cycle is saying is this: Do top three teams. Give the third spot to Mishen's team but hopefully they won't be able to go so then cyclo's team can play. tongue
Plice
Plice

Back to top Go down

Post  After-Life Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:52 am

Well i think Cyclo wants this the most so let his team go?
After-Life
After-Life

Back to top Go down

Post  michi Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:09 am

I thought in the begin it was just winners in tournament. i read that mod quit(?) and i have almost no time.

michi

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:44 pm

lol top 3 teams means i can play Very Happy XD

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  NoonEe Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:51 pm

Sad
NoonEe
NoonEe

Back to top Go down

Post  triumph Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:46 pm

michi wrote:I thought in the begin it was just winners in tournament. i read that mod quit(?) and i have almost no time.

2 Month Break. Wink

And sadface, keep on dreaming! one day man, one day!
triumph
triumph

Back to top Go down

Post  Modesty Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:44 pm

Yeah i will prob. be back in February. lol
Modesty
Modesty

http://disco.fleo.se/?name=MODESTY

Back to top Go down

Post  SungJ Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:57 pm

I don't think there should be a strict restriction for who are playing.
I would rather give the server communities their chances to select 5-6 people of who to participate.
I guess it won't make a big difference but still we don't have to make the showmatch too formal.

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NoonEe Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:12 pm

I agree!
NoonEe
NoonEe

Back to top Go down

Post  Plice Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:45 pm

You always have to remember how much chemistry comes into play in a game like ct though. Selecting the best of a server and putting them on a team doesn't mean they auto win (unless you have artemis ;D). I think we should try to stay away from just picking people to play on a team.

I think the best option would be to honestly host another tournament. I'm not sure what number would work best for EU because I didn't really care much about their tourny and I didn't follow it, but I know it would be easy for NA to get the top 6, 4, or 2 teams. Then we just decide how the tournament works. IMO the best way to do it (regarding which server to play on) is a bo3 for each match. Loser gets to play on their server.
Plice
Plice

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclo Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:47 pm

True, as long as people have the account information it makes it easy to do the rest of it. I am interested in seeing how good an entirely EU team is. I've only seen the 1 replay where Pacman was crushing an EU inhouse with Thorsa helping as BH. All I've seen, I don't know how good that ih was by EU standards (bad players, the best players, etc.) but I know that depending on the level of the inhouse Pacman can do the same in NA. Higher levels it doesn't work also if the other team has say a Krizard on it or he gets a bad character vs. someone good.

In NA, Pacman(or anyone better than the average inhouser) can carry depending on:
1. Who's in his lane? If he's say vs. Uriel/Alexander then he has a low chance of carryign since it seems a 50/50 who will win the lane control.
2. The character/player composition of the opposing team. If the team has skillz he it can do this strategy where skillz constantly is ganking Pacman so guaranteeing Pacman loses his lane but Skillz will lose his lane so both he and Pacman are underleveled. This works if the other team's teamwork sucks or if Skillz character is more useful underleveled than Pacman's character. If the opposing team has a Horus, Abel, etc. Pacman can just get screwed because of the power of the opposing team's gank.
3. The time it takes for the player to win his lane and of course the skill of his two teammates who depending on the inhouse level could be really bad to counterbalance Pacman's skill or can be about equal to counterbalance say Artemis on the opposing team.
4. How versatile the carrying character is because a carry needs to be able to do 2 of the three major things in CT. Supporting, PvPing, and Pushing. If he's Blade Hunter he can only do the support/PvPing so he has to rely on his teammates to push for him and that can be difficult if the opposing team crushes them. If he's say Janne he can push, pvp, and support fairly well so he can just do everything for his team.

Cyclo

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:14 pm

lol i pick a main at most once a day.

and this is why i've started to troll with sylon in inhouses

as far as i can tell that whole rant was to say: pacman cant always carry?
what does that have to do with interserver championship?

i think we've already established the best teams on each server. i see no point in making a tournament with more than those 2 teams (mine and the bros).
if you guys (people not from those top 2) want to vs them or us for fun, sure, but it shouldn't be part of a tournament.

pacman

Back to top Go down

Post  NoonEe Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:27 pm

why tournament? just make a bo5 showmatch or something^^

but i would really like to play some of you NA guys, even tho i havent played in tourney Smile
NoonEe
NoonEe

Back to top Go down

Post  Plice Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:34 pm

I like tournament more because tournaments are fun. hahaha Very Happy
Plice
Plice

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:06 am

they'r effort especially when ur running 22 teams T__T

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:48 am

sadface can u move all of this inter-server to a new thread?

pacman

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:02 am

k

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclo Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:42 pm

lol lala is always watching.

Anyways the rant, Pacman, where I wasn't very clear was talking about I can't tell how good EU was. I've only seen 1 EU game, and in it and you carried with Force Fire. I know in NA you can't always carry, but in EU if you can always carry that means they're worse than we are. If you also can't always carry then we need the EU vs. NA showmatch to see who's better. I say have a king of the hill style match between each server with the top 4 teams playing each other. 4th vs 4th, then 4th vs 3rd, then 4th vs. 2nd, then 3rd vs. 2nd, etc. This way the matches are easier to do and their will be less games so easier on the accounts if we do it this way rather than group stages then best of 3's all the way up into the finals.

Main questions:
1. How many teams from each server should we send?
2. What kind of matches should we do?
3. Are we going to have this stretch out over a long period of time all sharing accounts? (for example: best of 3 we send 4 teams each server and each teams plays a best of 3 with 1 EU team)
4. What tourney format are we doing? (Are we doing group stages then best of 3's up to the finals like BoA. Or will we do something more like King of the Hill between the two servers with the lowest scoring teams going first. The fourth place vs. the fourth place , then the winner of that plays the fourth place vs. the third place and we'll see which server wins first. I personally like king of the hill as it shows which server is better, if say the 3rd place team from 1 server owns the entire other server then that server is definitely better.

Cyclo

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:45 pm

give me a tl;dr

and no i definitely dont always often carry in eu

pacman

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:22 pm

in fact he doesnt really carry ever in eu XD (cos nobody ever really carries in eu due to the whole ganking nature of eu metagame except lucius who is exempt from being ganked cos he just turns into superman and solos the game screwing over every1 including teammates -.-)

also he gets screwed if he plays melee that isnt ff :p, too many ff's, too many storms/judgement, too many silences, too many traps and last but not least: too many baits XD

Last edited by SadFace on Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  Rip Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:20 pm

Well Sadface it's not cauz u cant avoid takin the bait that other ppl cant either >.<
Rip
Rip

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:56 pm

lol sadface i've only ever really trolled (both in na and eu) since after the first tournament (right before i quit for a month)

over the last week i had no school and played insane amounts of ct. i would be interested to try again in eu and see how it goes with mah new trolling skillz Very Happy

pacman

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:11 pm

well i suppose mode tank trolling works again now XD

EDIT: other than the sh mirror we played where we were both retarded as hell, hav we ever played in the same game?

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  Rip Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:18 pm

other than the sh mirror we played where we were both retarded as hell,
Sad i told u to stop playing blinkers u suck at it >.<
Rip
Rip

Back to top Go down

Post  michi Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:32 pm

I dont like the idea of Best 4 teams of each server, team 2-4 eu kinda dont play in last time or ever together( or they never were on while i was on) just do ragesty vs koreans+pacman. And if they want vs 2nd , 3rd, 4th of na. also the brothers already have 2 na acc so they would need just 1 more i think.

michi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next