City of Tempest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Drama 2

+5
Rip
michi
Alexander
Macanas
Cyclo
9 posters

Go down

Forum Drama 2 Empty Forum Drama 2

Post  Cyclo Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:15 am

I got mentioned a lot in the last post yet, I can't post in it anymore to state my old opinions. As with almost every post (and how the American legal system is based) when two people argue the bullshit flies back and forth. The middle ground between the two arguements is the closest to the truth.

So I will only say things where I am concerned personally and therefore clear up any misunderstandings about me. Also any spot where in my short CT career I can provide a third party insight.

-I joined the old forum about the time when prepatch Geist was around in all his OP glory.
-I did PM lala abou this guide when I was maining Zeros and he was quite informative.
-I was not a dumpster baby, end of point Alex.
-I was trolling you Alex to get a rise out of you and I succeeded. Just a tad too much; I didn't know you felt so strongly about the topic so I shall be a bit more delicate if I attempt a similar response later.
-The last debate with iDra Alexander had was about how the new Health change(adds 100 health to pot) would break armor and make it useless. It was a stalemate not an agreement; it's simply become stylistic whether you prefer armor or health.
-From what I know of lala he seems pretty calm, cool, and collected.
-Alex did go a bit overboard with the verbal assault on my emotional psyche.
-How was I jumping on the bandwagon? I've had plenty of time to see your balance thoughts and theory discussion. Examples: Health vs. Armor, Horus Balance, etc.
-I don't do much theory crafting on this forum that I know of. Do I?
-Macanas is correct.
-1.4 did give lala delays, he's stated this as his reason for not playing numerous times. He did play with me most of the times I saw him online before 1.4.
-Alexander was in CT before me.

Let the discussion begin and SadFace please let this go a little bit. I didn't know the old post was active till it was locked so just let it go man Twisted Evil

Cyclo

Back to top Go down

Forum Drama 2 Empty Re: Forum Drama 2

Post  Macanas Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:41 am

……….||- - - - - - - - - - - - - --\
O===||Battle - - - - - - - - - - - )
……….||- - - - - - - - - - - - - --/

Macanas

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexander Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:53 am

1.) The debate I had with iDra resulted in that we were both right and arrived at the same result. I don't remember the exact number, but it basically came out to a particular point of breaking even where armor was more useful for certain heroes and health for others depending on how the game progressed after attack is maxed. It wasn't stalemate, we arrived at the same conclusion.

2.) Prior to the summer when I started playing inhouse consistently, I didn't understand a lot of the game concepts and so like 90% of the people that can't play was thinking that some heroes are OP, etc. etc. Because I'm vocal and comfortable with the English language, I pen my thoughts into organized writing. Some people can relate to that (iDra) while others take offense to it (lala).

3.) I understand that because of this, people like lala took the approach of shunning me/trolling me/etc. when I was noob while others like iDra, Sareve, Nobeard (and many others) were able to communicate points of the game without being an elitist about it. At the end of the day, no matter what lala says the point is that as someone who was at one point better than myself, he never took the opportunity to reach out like I have with many CT players (Aias, Aloera, Zyko, etc.) to help them improve.

4.) All lala basically did was take the attitude of "you know, you're lack of knowledge insults me so I'm going to be cool and keep you out of the cool kids club." Inviting me for inhouses means nothing when you aren't attempting to educate and rather trolling or just doing it to get a rise. Every game where there is a noob that's invited, I either don't let it happen because that person will make it unfair and won't learn anything, or offer to help them in 1v1 situations or answer any questions. I am very open to people wanting to learn, because I realize I have come a far way from where I was.

5.) I started playing inhouse over the summer consistently with people like pacman, ITOP, skillz, and so on. You were never around at the time and I don't recall playing inhouse with you at all other than in the last 2 months where you play Arcane for a few games. If owning Zeros or pre-patch Horus with Arcane makes you feel accomplished, then you've got a lot of growing to do. If you have a replay of playing with me any time between June/July and today other than the ones I mentioned, feel free to post it and my memory will stand corrected. All I remember from any inhouse interactions is you basically trolling me when I had no friendship with you at that point and not playing at all with teamwork or taking my stuff just to ruin the game. I have -never- done that in an inhouse game to just be a deuchebag. That's just poor character. Even I or pacman don't troll people that I'm not on casual terms with.

6.) I am one of the top players on NA at this time whether you like that or not. Not that it says anything since it's pretty much a group of about 6 really good people with another 10 good people and another 15 somewhat good people. Eitherway, I never insulted your ability to play, yet you consistently insult mine when I have plenty of people who can vouch for my skill as well as placing 2nd in the last tourney (not that, again, it means anything).

7.) I don't act as if you insulted my family or anything like that. I am a very principled person and I believe in standing up for yourself when people portray the truth inaccurately. I admit to my past and how I was in the group of people like Hyperion, but having played inhouse consistently with top people on the server including Artemis, I have improved and come to the level that you and all your old friends were at in understanding the game.

8.) I apologize to Cyclo again because that was over the top. I know you were trolling me, but the thing is I don't feel it was called for. If pacman had joined in, then it would have been something else since we have that established dynamic. I don't even know you that much beyond the few games we play, and to jump on that bandwagon is a bit annoying. But I will just ignore you like I do with pacman from now going forward Very Happy

9.) In terms of forum contribution, you have contributed more on the patch notes and overall balance discussions than I have. I don't need to comment because overall I understand the game much more than I did when the old forum was around. Like I mentioned, my comments were limited to the Horus patch where I came into it uneducated (yet lala still hangs up on that and acts like I am still bitching that Horus is underpowered) so I took my words back later and haven't even played Horus inhouse anymore since both pac and I agreed to ban it for the time being. I'm not saying that contributing is bad, but honestly you have way more contribution than I did and even pacnoob trolls you for not knowing anything about the game (I am not saying that about you right now).

In the end, the difference is pretty clear between lala and I in this situation. I take the time to vocalize my thoughts in detail and support them with evidence, while lala sticks to generalizations that are still without base considering that things are completely different. Every chance you get with posts that I made in this forum you instigate by discrediting comments, yet I have never actively sought to troll you or discredit you. Even in this whole back and forth business right now, I am only defending myself against your slanderous and untruthful BS. You try to portray and defame me as some idiot that has no idea how to play the game, yet there are so many examples to the contrary of everything you say that the more you continue with this you're only making yourself look stupid.

I would like you to come back because, again, we need more people and you were in the top tier of people. I doubt the patch is the only thing preventing you to come back since that can be fixed and I haven't seen anyone else with that situation. Either way, I don't care. I think you need to stop bantering about everything, take a step back and leave it alone dude.

And Macanas is still a noob.

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post  michi Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:17 am

You guys have nothing else to do than posting all the day?

michi

Back to top Go down

Post  Rip Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:07 pm

michi dont be a killjoy like sad it's fun to see them have pointless struggles over who's right or wrong :p
Rip
Rip

Back to top Go down

Post  Modesty Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:25 pm

Can you guys plz add tl;dr, don't really have the patience to read all your fancy words, but still wants the drama. Ok? Thanks.

*edit
And some pictures would be nice.
Modesty
Modesty

http://disco.fleo.se/?name=MODESTY

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclo Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:49 pm

You should read, it helps build your vocabulary and give you a greater sense inteligence.

To Alex:
I understand a lot of your points and I get that. However unlike Breeze, Aloera, etc. I never got anyone to teach me. Therefore I was self-taught how to play in inhouses without feeding to every player in the game. I got better because inhousing made me better and getting a few tips here and there like it's a good idea to get the gas tanks. You can use DTS to 3 shot experience tanks (thank you lala). Eventually I was surprised when Barsark offered to teach me Berr.9 because I had carried for like the second time ever with her the following game. He then spent some time talking to me on skype and teaching me the basics. Did you ever think that lala was attempting to make you better by asking you to inhouse? I always let whoever wants to inhouse in the game, even if there are better people available on the channel because I want them to get better. If they start ducking out and saying "I don't want to inhouse you guys just troll me" then I would start thinking they were a pussy to and they would get deserved scorn and derision. tyipically when someone is bad at something(like everyone when they start something new) they should keep their largest orifice shut because the words that exit it might be stupid or bad points. Some people aren't flexible enough to be quiet until they're good enough to actually make good points. This may or may not be Alex at that point in time.

*Alex, who do you think has the highest words per post on this forum? I think it's between you and me.

Cyclo

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexander Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:06 pm

I can type at 120 wpm, so probably me. Very Happy

In many ways my journey was similar to yours. Even when I started playing with Skillz and ITOP back over the summer, nobody taught me and it took a while to learn various tidbits over time. And I'm still learning. Pacman is the best melee in NA and has surpassed hiphop at his skill level now, and I play 1v1 with him frequently to learn more about early game melee vs melee, as an example.

Regarding everything else, you don't understand because you weren't around in that time. You were around in the old forum but I'm talking about inhouse games and the old crew. I was noob for a while, but I've played this game since January and saw a lot of changes over the time. A few things:

1.) You don't invite someone that is a level below everyone else to inhouse because it ruins the game. Someone like Tyler playing vs pacman literally has nothing to learn in that situation when their minds haven't opened up to some basic principles yet. It would be like barely learning a sport then going against a professional athlete. Learning is relative to the situation.

2.) I don't invite people to inhouse that are at that level because they have nothing to learn and it imbalances the game. And that is the problem with inhouse games in general that I realized when I started organizing them. I want new people to come up, but at the same time they have nothing to learn and make the game a loss when the other 4/5 are at a totally different level.

I offer myself to help people all the time, and when I see someone who is coming up that already has some basic skills and understanding, I do invite them frequently and make it a point to coach them on specific things that I see they need help with. People like Zyko, Aloera, etc. were all at one point coming out of pubs and entering inhouse, but had potential. Where I was comparatively to them when iDra used to invite me to inhouse games was way, way below that.

3.) Saying you invited me to inhouse and washing your hands of that as being the guy who tried his best, but, oops, looks like Alex is just a noob, lets call him a pussy and troll him is pretty lame. Nobody took an effort to ask and try to educate me at the time. When I started playing inhouse regularly and asking how to improve, the people I was playing with at the time helped a lot and eventually here I am. So, I am just about presenting shit the way it is, and everything lala was talking about I did not feel was truthful at all and very one sided.

4.) None of this matters, because Macanas is a noob and will never be good.

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:27 pm

Cyclo wrote:You should read, it helps build your vocabulary and give you a greater sense inteligence.

'nuff said.

THIS ISN'T RIGHT. As master-troll, i can't let an argument go by without joining.

really, i only have one thing to say: cyclo, you be a dumbboi.

ok? ok. Very Happy

pacman

Back to top Go down

Post  Modesty Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:56 pm

pacman wrote:
Cyclo wrote:You should read, it helps build your vocabulary and give you a greater sense inteligence.

'nuff said.

THIS ISN'T RIGHT. As master-troll, i can't let an argument go by without joining.

really, i only have one thing to say: cyclo, you be a dumbboi.

ok? ok. Very Happy

This is good. Now plz pictures.
Modesty
Modesty

http://disco.fleo.se/?name=MODESTY

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclo Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:09 pm

DAMNT! Next time I make a post, I'll edit it before sending it (good catch, although was someone overanalyzing...). How about it will give you a greater cerebral sense of understanding while bringing your budding inteligence to higher and greater plateaus of thought.

To Alex: I can't comment on the old inhouse times but I can comment about the old forum times. A small but key distinction. Also it doesn't matter if you type faster than me because most of the time making a post is thinking about what you'd like to say and not waiting for your fingers to catch up to the speed your brain is thinking. But I make more posts which are lengthy compared to most but smaller than yours while you make the largest posts on this forum short of KrK's patch notes but with less frequency than myself. I don't know my wpm because last time I checked (3 years ago) before I started gaming my wpm was 80 but it must've gone up considering all the gaming I've done which has improved my finger speed.

*side note: Has anyone else now gotten a faster left hand while typing than their right hand because the left hand is the one hitting hotkeys in game?

Last edited by Cyclo on Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cyclo

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:13 pm

thats still too long. i only read the first sentence and laughed at your sentence construction.

you write like a twelve-year old.

and no, i am not over-analyzing: i only have the patience to read the first sentence of what you write, and there happened to be a mistake in your first sentence.

MODESTY: NO FUCKING PICTURES. the pictures you guys posted in the clan thread are just weird. are you gay?

pacman

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclo Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:17 pm

Pacman, are you an eleven year old because you can only read one sentence before your attention wanders?

Cyclo

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclo Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:17 pm

Since Pacman can only read 1 message at a time, next sentence: Read the second sentence.

Cyclo

Back to top Go down

Post  SungJ Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:32 pm

This is silly stuff.

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:48 pm

lol this is what i hear from cyclo: "IM NOT 11 YOU ARE"

very mature and developed argument. i applaud you.

pacman

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:40 am

locked again due to other ppl being insulted and annoying and afaik the main confrontation is sorted but idk cba reading the essay spam

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down