City of Tempest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bye Bye Noobxander

+17
LordofBobz
Ikumo
BaitCity
Kokiri
Chr1s
TacoAvenger
AlastoR
Executioner
Cyclo
abartley
pacman
Aloera
Macanas
NoonEe
PurpleSabbath
SungJ
Alexander
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bye Bye Noobxander Empty Bye Bye Noobxander

Post  Alexander Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:40 am

As of a few minutes ago, uninstalled SC2. Goodbye CT for good. Thanks to everyone who I learned from as well as who learned from me. I made some good friends along the path, and it was fun to play high level games with all the good players in NA: Artemis, KrK, Macans, pacman, Aloera, NoBeardAsian, tootColin, NormalCoffee, etc. If I forgot your name don't take it personally.

I'll miss CT, but I've realized after some recent times playing it that it's not a healthy habit for my life. In real life I am a person that has accomplished a lot personally but for some reason the competitive edge of CT gets to me and I take (and will always take) the game seriously. Regardless of how I improve, I realized that staying up late and getting stressed out over a video game is stupid for someone my age and that I need to let this part of my life and grow up in that regard.

Thanks for all the fun and games and maybe we will run into each other when Diablo 3 comes out Very Happy

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Bye Bye Noobxander Empty Re: Bye Bye Noobxander

Post  SungJ Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:01 am

Alexander wrote:As of a few minutes ago, uninstalled SC2. Goodbye CT for good. Thanks to everyone who I learned from as well as who learned from me. I made some good friends along the path, and it was fun to play high level games with all the good players in NA: Artemis, KrK, Macans, pacman, Aloera, NoBeardAsian, tootColin, NormalCoffee, etc. If I forgot your name don't take it personally.

I'll miss CT, but I've realized after some recent times playing it that it's not a healthy habit for my life. In real life I am a person that has accomplished a lot personally but for some reason the competitive edge of CT gets to me and I take (and will always take) the game seriously. Regardless of how I improve, I realized that staying up late and getting stressed out over a video game is stupid for someone my age and that I need to let this part of my life and grow up in that regard.

Thanks for all the fun and games and maybe we will run into each other when Diablo 3 comes out Very Happy

...... Sad

Sigh...... well I'll wish good luck to whatever you do other than CT,

but I just hope you could come visit once in a while to just enjoy with us Smile

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleSabbath Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:51 am

Good bye Alex ^^ Never played with you but you look very good from various replays Smile

Which field are you working on IRL ?

PurpleSabbath

Back to top Go down

Post  NoonEe Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:52 pm

Well, even tho we had never the pleasure to play together, I always respected and liked your posts on this forum. Regardless of what everyone says, theorycrafting is awesome and logic.

I wish you luck with whatever you're going to focus on now.

NoonEe
NoonEe
NoonEe

Back to top Go down

Post  Macanas Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:56 pm

Omg alex.... why????!! i mean.... that bad???? or its something else

Macanas

Back to top Go down

Post  Aloera Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:50 pm

Sad omg alex....

i hope you change your mind before nov 14...

Aloera

Back to top Go down

Post  Macanas Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:56 pm

RAGE fagxander

Macanas

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexander Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:41 pm

lol. It's not really rage. I have a personality type that is obsessive with certain things. It makes me very good at some things but it also can be a downside to my personality and I just realized that my health is more important here.

I've been playing video games since I was 13. I'm 27 now and I look at my life and wonder if that's normal for someone with what I'm doing in my life to be neglecting important things in life like their relationships, personal organization, cleaning, cooking, and even my health for staying up so late just to "play one more game."

When I got frustrated at the few games I played in the last few days, my emotions made me realize that this area of my life is an exception to how I am 99% of the time. For my age I'm very accomplished personally and spiritually, yet I act like I'm still a teenager when I do this, and those last few games made me finally realize it.

So, it is a remnant of that part of my life that needs to go away because I'm an adult now. It's difficult because I've always loved video games, but in the end productive work that is aligned with your identity is the medicine for boredom or any of these things - not videogames.

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post  Macanas Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:53 pm

Dude ur kinda obsessive, and more lately, u know why but its ok just chill, games are for fun nothing more its ok to play, ages doesnt really matter as along as it dont affect your personal life i mean i used to go to the gym now i dont because of this fucking games yet i dont regret it, ok with my life. Lately i was playing a lot because i wanted to beat u hard and i did it was not expecting to beat sung and artemis but i did it too Very Happy and im fucking happy and well to be honest and it'll sound kinda gay but i'll miss u since i always played with u.. kinda sad ih wont be the same but well life continue and its your decision, i guess its gg... gl with your life it was a pleasure and an honor for me to play with u... game over

Last edited by Macanas on Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

Macanas

Back to top Go down

Post  Aloera Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:13 pm

just look at white-ra.... 32 years and still working in his special tactics Very Happy

Aloera

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:20 pm

aight yo. i agree with what you said. sc2 and ct are so addicting. half the reason im doing the same.

check your pms. i hav tak to talk

oh, and gl hf. <3

pacman

Back to top Go down

Post  Macanas Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:59 pm

sigh.. there will be no gringa in the frijoleros team, only one french frie in the Big mac team :/

Macanas

Back to top Go down

Post  abartley Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:24 pm

Don't listen to anyone who tells you to come back to video games. Run away as far as you can before its too late.

abartley

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclo Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:28 pm

Alright Alexander, bye bro now it'll take even longer to get an inhouse oh well. I'm still 15 close to sixteen and because of this addicting game other parts of life sometimes suffer(grades, sports, etc.) but I can still play lol.

So hope you get on sometimes but whatever but always remember, CT is waiting for you Twisted Evil .

Cyclo

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:39 pm

^stfu cyclo. listen to abart. maybe drop by for a game or two on your holidays, but pm me first so i can kick your ass.

pacman

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexander Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:02 pm

In the end it comes to self awareness of behavior. Playing a video game is a behavior like anything else that we need to evaluate from time to time.

I'm a very competitive person, and I realized that for me this kind of game would only work if I were on a set professional team and this was my career. Then it would be different. I play it socially, but I am under the expectation of that level of play so that disconnect causes unneeded stress and therefore this behavior is not useful.

I'm the type that games like Diablo or the campaign of SC2 were very, very relaxing to me. Those kinds of "final fantasy" type games were always very fun, but it seems that competitive activities without any reward and just informal for some reason leave my mind open to becoming aggressive and stressed out. I don't know why, probably a learned behavior from my parents but nevertheless.

Can't wait for Diablo 3.

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post  Macanas Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:13 am

Omg dude.... ur PRO what the fuck u talking about you fucking emo shit

Macanas

Back to top Go down

Post  Executioner Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:45 am

youtu.be/Tim5nU3DwIE

release a replaypack first
Executioner
Executioner

Back to top Go down

Post  AlastoR Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:09 am

Alexander wrote:In the end it comes to self awareness of behavior. Playing a video game is a behavior like anything else that we need to evaluate from time to time.

I'm a very competitive person, and I realized that for me this kind of game would only work if I were on a set professional team and this was my career. Then it would be different. I play it socially, but I am under the expectation of that level of play so that disconnect causes unneeded stress and therefore this behavior is not useful.

I'm the type that games like Diablo or the campaign of SC2 were very, very relaxing to me. Those kinds of "final fantasy" type games were always very fun, but it seems that competitive activities without any reward and just informal for some reason leave my mind open to becoming aggressive and stressed out. I don't know why, probably a learned behavior from my parents but nevertheless.

Can't wait for Diablo 3.

RIP

AlastoR

Back to top Go down

Post  TacoAvenger Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:10 am

Goodbye Alexander, it was fun playing with you. I made an account just to say this.
Oh and yes, I still think Hades is op (not because of the speed, but my main complain was the pylon)
Well.... ummm... bye Alexander ;_;

TacoAvenger

Back to top Go down

Post  Macanas Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:15 am

TacoAvenger wrote:Goodbye Alexander, it was fun playing with you. I made an account just to say this.
Oh and yes, I still think Hades is op (not because of the speed, but my main complain was the pylon)
Well.... ummm... bye Alexander ;_;
Hades op hades op hades op.... dude i beated alex hades in mirror, i won against his hades with lur, i won with hades against his lur i beated artemis when he was lur.... i mean its not just hades D':

Macanas

Back to top Go down

Post  SungJ Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:26 am

Well I just want you (Alex) to know that you're leaving me a lot of burden by your sudden quit.
pac, you, and I were mostly the ones who search around people, communicate and bring them to inhouse.
With both of you gone at the moment, I'm the only one left to gather people.
I do respect your decision so don't take me wrong,
but I'm just honestly upset that you, who was one of key players for communicating ppl on channel,
had to quit so suddenly like this without giving any clue before whatsoever.
I don't know. I know that I have no right to bring you back at all. I just feel discouraged now.

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bye Bye Noobxander Empty HUH ALEX

Post  Chr1s Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:27 am

Thats c00l Alex not remembering me.... always abandoning me...... but c ya bro enjoyed playing with ya

Chr1s

Back to top Go down

Post  Kokiri Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:50 am

Hi alex, check your private messages please. And GL with w/e your doing. Respect.

Kokiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclo Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:13 am

I made 3-4 inhouses today sungj. There's still hope, I can try and fill that role but I'm limited by school, sports, etc. So I will organize inhouses whenever I'm on with a sufficient amount of people. Don't lose hope, Alexander wasn't THAT key of a player in the NA CT community.
Oh wait this is the Alex GoodBye thread okay, Alex was one of the key members of the CT community and I don't know how we'll go on and etc. etc. etc.

Cyclo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum