City of Tempest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BoA (Best of America) November: Sign Up Here~!!!

+25
Modesty
abartley
PurpleSabbath
Kas
BananaPanda
Thrallsa
SadFace
NoonEe
Hyperi0n
Breeze
mishenex
Cyclo
Plice
Wind
nobeardasian
Ikumo
Alexander
Chr1s
TacoAvenger
Pseudoku
pacman
stims
Aloera
Macanas
SungJ
29 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

BoA (Best of America) November: Sign Up Here~!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: BoA (Best of America) November: Sign Up Here~!!!

Post  Macanas Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:09 am

dude hades is not such a beast as you put it D: and unless we get more ppl ct will be boring, we are the same guys in ih always and to be honest i focused too much in hades that im kinda bad with all characters so its not really an option for me to pick something else in a serious ih, otherwise i could pick zedait or blade but im not good with those heroes, i personally dont like to leave games ih or pub, it doesnt matter how bad im doing things its just not acceptable for me unless we surrender.
But well at the end it cant be helped too much since the pro people dont want noobs in their team because they feed and auto loose and when they have a chance they leave because its too hard, some of them have wished me a nice death, some nice hazards and sicknesses too sometimes i was told to be using hacks and going to be reported but the sad cases are the ones that leave just when the load is done and i dont mean crash i mean when they see stats or somebody tell another that they going to loose and finally the fags that take a lot of care about their k/d ratio...
so its kinda hard, almost impossible here

Macanas

Back to top Go down

BoA (Best of America) November: Sign Up Here~!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: BoA (Best of America) November: Sign Up Here~!!!

Post  Ikumo Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:14 am

Macanas wrote:dude hades is not such a beast as you put it D: and unless we get more ppl ct will be boring, we are the same guys in ih always and to be honest i focused too much in hades that im kinda bad with all characters so its not really an option for me to pick something else in a serious ih, otherwise i could pick zedait or blade but im not good with those heroes, i personally dont like to leave games ih or pub, it doesnt matter how bad im doing things its just not acceptable for me unless we surrender.
But well at the end it cant be helped too much since the pro people dont want noobs in their team because they feed and auto loose and when they have a chance they leave because its too hard, some of them have wished me a nice death, some nice hazards and sicknesses too sometimes i was told to be using hacks and going to be reported but the sad cases are the ones that leave just when the load is done and i dont mean crash i mean when they see stats or somebody tell another that they going to loose and finally the fags that take a lot of care about their k/d ratio...
so its kinda hard, almost impossible here

Try playing geist. You'll be good at him no matter what. Just get attack rate and powerup boost in the beginning. Auto pro.

Ikumo

Back to top Go down

Post  Macanas Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:16 am

dont like geist :/ i prefer melee by a lot but ty anyway

Macanas

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexander Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:17 am

Thing is, Artemis is a representative example of the "korean CT gamer" population and I don't QQ about any of his heroes - even Geist. Although he is amazing with Geist, I don't think Geist is OP at all, in fact very hard and awkward to use imo. I may not be at his level (although I have GGed him a few times Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy), I have enough experience in the game playing against good players and Artemis to judge if something is towards imbalance. The pylon damage from Hades is one such feature and probably the only thing I can think of that resembles current imbalances in the game (although I never played the new Megagun, the changes seem pretty crazy).

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post  Macanas Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:20 am

well i think its true since like 90% of the games i played were won even against artemis or the epic alex and art vs frijoles

Macanas

Back to top Go down

Post  Pseudoku Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:24 am

Alexander wrote:LOL. pacnoob will always be king (or queen?) of trolls in my heart....

Macanas is a filthy mexican immigrant worker so he swears like a sailor. Pseudoku is upset because he actually thought his team would get to the finals and we got there (admittedly) because Macanas and his OP hero got into our team last minute. I feel for Pseudoku, but at the same time SungJ is right because there simply aren't enough people in the NA community to form a bunch of teams. A drowning man isn't choosy about the rope he's handed, neither is a tournament about who joins and when at this point.

And regarding the "at your level" concept, there are actually quite a few players at that level. Macanas, Artemis (above), pacman, myself, KrK, NormalCoffee just to name some. This game isn't about one person, it's about 3 and how they work together. If it were about one person then you would have carried sufficiently in the semi-finals sufficiently to win. KrK's team has the perfect combination of support, pvp and pushing and that's what wins the game. Your team had only PvP covered and neither Kokiri nor Nored did any pushing (as I recall both games you ended up not even pushing through tier 1).

Unless Macanas is playing Hades, then it truly IS about one person Very Happy

btw - there needs to be a tournament of 3 v 3 in the middle. That shit is crazy fun.

I'm a rule-abiding person. It's a shame that the rules were not enforced (swearing rule, max team size rule).

Of course I know it's a team game, that's why I wanted my team mates to perform better. Also, quite a few is not enough, considering some will be forming their own teams (half the people you listed are ALREADY signed up on a team - plus you're quitting). We actually should have had all the important components (First game we had Fang and 2 tower heroes) covered but sadly I was forced into pure PvP to help my team mates level up.

Nored also just doesn't play (like 0 games 2 weeks before the tournament) so he had a bad time against Macanas' Hades (he did not know how to deal with it properly).

P.S. I picked melee-ranged heroes while you guys had Dark Fact... If I had known that Nored would miss so many ultis I would've swapped heroes.

I actually prefer CT over DoTA just because I make a larger impact on the game (and in DoTA I prefer to carry or at least semi-carry because my team mates would likely perform worse than I - I'm actually a very good support but I can't trust team mates to carry).

I'd 1v1 if I had more time (maybe in a couple of months).

Also, about promoting CT. When making inhouses, set it to public before starting so that it gets counted for popularity hours.

Pseudoku

Back to top Go down

Post  Pseudoku Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:26 am

Maybe increase the number of backups to 5 this time (even if it means fewer teams)?

Honestly I felt that only the top 3 teams were inhouse level, the rest that I faced just played like pubs.

Pseudoku

Back to top Go down

Post  Macanas Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:31 am

Pseudoku wrote:
Alexander wrote:LOL. pacnoob will always be king (or queen?) of trolls in my heart....

Macanas is a filthy mexican immigrant worker so he swears like a sailor. Pseudoku is upset because he actually thought his team would get to the finals and we got there (admittedly) because Macanas and his OP hero got into our team last minute. I feel for Pseudoku, but at the same time SungJ is right because there simply aren't enough people in the NA community to form a bunch of teams. A drowning man isn't choosy about the rope he's handed, neither is a tournament about who joins and when at this point.

And regarding the "at your level" concept, there are actually quite a few players at that level. Macanas, Artemis (above), pacman, myself, KrK, NormalCoffee just to name some. This game isn't about one person, it's about 3 and how they work together. If it were about one person then you would have carried sufficiently in the semi-finals sufficiently to win. KrK's team has the perfect combination of support, pvp and pushing and that's what wins the game. Your team had only PvP covered and neither Kokiri nor Nored did any pushing (as I recall both games you ended up not even pushing through tier 1).

Unless Macanas is playing Hades, then it truly IS about one person Very Happy

btw - there needs to be a tournament of 3 v 3 in the middle. That shit is crazy fun.

I'm a rule-abiding person. It's a shame that the rules were not enforced (swearing rule, max team size rule).

Of course I know it's a team game, that's why I wanted my team mates to perform better. Also, quite a few is not enough, considering some will be forming their own teams (half the people you listed are ALREADY signed up on a team - plus you're quitting). We actually should have had all the important components (First game we had Fang and 2 tower heroes) covered but sadly I was forced into pure PvP to help my team mates level up.

Nored also just doesn't play (like 0 games 2 weeks before the tournament) so he had a bad time against Macanas' Hades (he did not know how to deal with it properly).

P.S. I picked melee-ranged heroes while you guys had Dark Fact... If I had known that Nored would miss so many ultis I would've swapped heroes.

I actually prefer CT over DoTA just because I make a larger impact on the game (and in DoTA I prefer to carry or at least semi-carry because my team mates would likely perform worse than I - I'm actually a very good support but I can't trust team mates to carry).

I'd 1v1 if I had more time (maybe in a couple of months).

Also, about promoting CT. When making inhouses, set it to public before starting so that it gets counted for popularity hours.
in that tourney i used the noob build, now im more agressive and that's the build that alexander hate til the point he wont play with me and i think artemis sayed he hated my hades, just saying. i was not a noob yet im more a challenge now but i guess i'll start leaving ct behind as well since its boring to play 10mins pubs or wait for an ih

Macanas

Back to top Go down

Post  SungJ Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:32 am

I'm really sorry for not being punctual enough on rules.
I just do not prefer auto-victory/loss so I tend to break other rules than to face those situations, esp. on higher rounds.
I'll try to do better on that part but people telling me this and that on last moment frustrate me.
By the way I'm seriously thinking of making major shifts to rules or format,
so if you have any opinion related to those just let me know.

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SungJ Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:36 am

Macanas wrote:in that tourney i used the noob build, now im more agressive and that's the build that alexander hate til the point he wont play with me and i think artemis sayed he hated my hades, just saying. i was not a noob yet im more a challenge now but i guess i'll start leaving ct behind as well since its boring to play 10mins pubs or wait for an ih

Could you just help me out and step up to gather ih ppl? I honestly don't want any more sudden quits happening.

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Macanas Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:44 am

SungJ wrote:
Macanas wrote:in that tourney i used the noob build, now im more agressive and that's the build that alexander hate til the point he wont play with me and i think artemis sayed he hated my hades, just saying. i was not a noob yet im more a challenge now but i guess i'll start leaving ct behind as well since its boring to play 10mins pubs or wait for an ih

Could you just help me out and step up to gather ih ppl? I honestly don't want any more sudden quits happening.
if it was for me i would help you, yet the only way for me to join an ih games was asking alexander and he suggested every1 and even sometimes ppl didnt accepted because they didnt know me, made alexander leader and they join, ask you to see if both of us gather enough people or asking in channel yet it was hard, but sure i could help, just tell me u want ppl that ih or good-decent ppl

Macanas

Back to top Go down

Post  Aloera Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:54 am

SungJ wrote:
By the way I'm seriously thinking of making major shifts to rules or format,
so if you have any opinion related to those just let me know.

we´ll be in touch

Aloera

Back to top Go down

Post  Macanas Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:58 am

aloe help me to contact the frijoles xD to gather some ppl

Macanas

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexander Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:02 am

Gathering an inhouse is not a problem because it's always the same people. You'll never get more than 2 inhouses going at the same time in NA, that I can be sure of and I don't mean to be cynical it's just my observation even when iDra's crew was around it was similar amounts of people playing inhouse.

The problem is the rate of people coming up is hardly existant in CT. People like Breeze, Cyclo, BaitCity, Prometheus, etc. that have come up in the last month or two to be regular inhouse players you don't see that happening all the time, and the people who have potential like BlueDiamond, Hanson, Vifee, Torres, etc. are more interested in pubbing or have no initiative to ask for in house games proactively.

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post  SungJ Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:15 am

Alexander wrote:Gathering an inhouse is not a problem because it's always the same people. You'll never get more than 2 inhouses going at the same time in NA, that I can be sure of and I don't mean to be cynical it's just my observation even when iDra's crew was around it was similar amounts of people playing inhouse.

The problem is the rate of people coming up is hardly existant in CT. People like Breeze, Cyclo, BaitCity, Prometheus, etc. that have come up in the last month or two to be regular inhouse players you don't see that happening all the time, and the people who have potential like BlueDiamond, Hanson, Vifee, Torres, etc. are more interested in pubbing or have no initiative to ask for in house games proactively.

Well... I don't really expect two ihs at same time. Like you said even old ago that was rare.
I just fear that we would have enough people but no one to stand up and gather them to host an ih.
Thank you aloera and Macanas btw.

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

BoA (Best of America) November: Sign Up Here~!!! - Page 2 Empty Sign up

Post  Chr1s Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:55 am

Chris - I forgot my character number but it's on the boa September post
Email - dlsxjspt211@hotmail.com
Team- LouisVuitton
NormalCoffee
Ray
And me

Team name - noidea

형 팀원 알려주셔서 ㄱㅅㄱㅅ =)
oh and off topic here but what disables soul's blink?

Last edited by Chr1s on Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chr1s

Back to top Go down

Post  nobeardasian Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:40 am

pick me pick me pick me

I was too lazy to read this thread. Can someone give me a tl;dr?

nobeardasian

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexander Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:32 am

tl;dr - u 2 n00b so i rq

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post  Macanas Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:16 pm

Never expected to get 2 ih at the same time.but really guys start playing the game as it was mented to stop playing games that aint difficult for you, if you want to improve to kill pacnab and shieldj.start playing good games, pwning a few noobs is no a real game

Macanas

Back to top Go down

Post  Wind Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:21 pm

Lur would be fixed.

Wind

Back to top Go down

Post  SungJ Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:19 pm

Wind wrote:Lur would be fixed.

The recent patch fixed hook so we wouldn't have that problem this time don't worry xD

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wind Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:23 pm

When the recent patch was launched?

Wind

Back to top Go down

Post  SungJ Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:41 pm

Wind wrote:When the recent patch was launched?

2 days ago I think.

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pseudoku Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:49 pm

Neiram still banned?

Pseudoku

Back to top Go down

Post  SungJ Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:58 pm

Pseudoku wrote:Neiram still banned?

Nope I will allow Neiram and Gaia this time since KR doesn't ban them anymore either

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next