City of Tempest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Age and playtime

+5
Pseudoku
pacman
Kokiri
Cyclo
After-Life
9 posters

Go down

Age and playtime Empty Age and playtime

Post  After-Life Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:49 am

Hey Guys. So i was thinking is my lack of experience due to the fact that i cant play this game during the day or if i play to few IH games? This being said i now can hold my own with newly learned potting and now cant believe that i have played so long with out using it. So what i would like to know is what is the average age of pro Cot players and how much time actually is spent playing CoT. O and btw guys don't start trolling me now i'm not looking for an excuse i was just curious to know.
After-Life
After-Life

Back to top Go down

Age and playtime Empty Re: Age and playtime

Post  Cyclo Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:36 pm

I only play a couple hours after school if I'm lucky....

Cyclo

Back to top Go down

Post  Kokiri Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:54 pm

I am 22 years old and I enjoy playing this game a few hours almost every day. I do not consider myself pro by any means, although I am a general with a 5:1 kdr. Take into consideration that this comes from a balance of both pubs and IH games, pubs being more favored because I have been playing pubs longer. Im not really interested in resetting my record as its not that important to me. Anyway this is just my two cent contribution to this topic ^_^.

Kokiri

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:07 pm

i play about 3-4 hours a week. i only inhouse.
it is a matter of principle that i troll in every one of my comments, so i'm 69.

pacman

Back to top Go down

Post  Pseudoku Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:31 am

After-Life wrote:Hey Guys. So i was thinking is my lack of experience due to the fact that i cant play this game during the day or if i play to few IH games? This being said i now can hold my own with newly learned potting and now cant believe that i have played so long with out using it. So what i would like to know is what is the average age of pro Cot players and how much time actually is spent playing CoT. O and btw guys don't start trolling me now i'm not looking for an excuse i was just curious to know.

I can't play during the day either. I get maybe 2-4 CT games on weekdays.

P.S. No one who plays solely on the AM server is "pro". Go ask the Koreans.

Pseudoku

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleSabbath Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:14 pm

25. Plays 3-4 hours per day. But I'm still just a mid lvl CT player.
I use the Janus name right now on Battlenet.

PurpleSabbath

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexander Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:47 pm

27, started playing CT about in late January/early February. I remember when you picked heroes based on "Warrior" or "Mage" or something like that.

I didn't start improving until I started playing inhouse games and observing other good players to see what they do. I'd say probably in the last 3 months or so is really when I went from pub to where I am now, which is better than Pacman, SungJ, Artemis and MishenEx combined. So, you can do it too.

No but really, playing against good players and trying to pay attention to what they are doing like when they kill, when they harass, how they use their hero and abilities, etc. will really help. Sometimes I play against Artemis 1v1 to try to train a hero, but try to get in on the inhouses with the best players in your area even if that means just observing. Potting is part of being better, but when, how and how much you pot are all sub-skills that matter just as much.

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post  Kokiri Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:26 pm

Alexander wrote:27, started playing CT about in late January/early February. I remember when you picked heroes based on "Warrior" or "Mage" or something like that.

I didn't start improving until I started playing inhouse games and observing other good players to see what they do. I'd say probably in the last 3 months or so is really when I went from pub to where I am now, which is better than Pacman, SungJ, Artemis and MishenEx combined. So, you can do it too.

No but really, playing against good players and trying to pay attention to what they are doing like when they kill, when they harass, how they use their hero and abilities, etc. will really help. Sometimes I play against Artemis 1v1 to try to train a hero, but try to get in on the inhouses with the best players in your area even if that means just observing. Potting is part of being better, but when, how and how much you pot are all sub-skills that matter just as much.

I started playing when the map still had those two side areas you could go to to kill trucks and marines, mannnng those were the days. I think the first new hero i saw the game add was Vag, they had some hero before him that was permantly in bird form.

Kokiri

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:33 pm

yes. i agree. play with pacnoob. he teach you all you need to know. (trolling... winning... trolling... he knows it all)

but seriously.... find people ALOT better than you, play with them, and watch replays. dont make the big mistake of trying to copy them/ be like them... try to be better than them. it may never happen... (alex)... but it will make you better.

pacman

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexander Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:32 am

LOL! You troll with such grace.

Yeah before Vag was Black Wyvern and he was ridiculous. It was basically Vag with permanent cliff walk which was pretty imbalanced. I remember the security soldiers too, that was an awesome way to level but it was also pretty lame because you got a freebee basically. Nothing like jumping someone there though Very Happy

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:37 am

Alexander wrote:LOL! I LOVE YOU PACMAN. YOU ARE SUCH PRO TROLL. YOU SO GOOD AT EVERYTHINH. LET ME FACK YOU.

meh... if i have time.

pacman

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexander Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:39 am

Bahahahahahaha. Btw that was your 69th post fyi.

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post  After-Life Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:44 am

Alexander wrote:27, started playing CT about in late January/early February. I remember when you picked heroes based on "Warrior" or "Mage" or something like that.

This is so true after i watched some replay's and read some builds here i started to try and main one hero for now. I trained a bit on pubs and went to IH again (last time i got owned 3/24) and first game laned against a guy with ok stats but owned him then second game vs schnitzel i got owned and the last game i had to lane him again did a bit better but still lost went to other lane and then after a bit of farming i was back and my final score before first they left was 8/3 and this is so good for me as i was always owned Laughing But still now after playing pubs i dont have the same skill as IH regarding team play and tend to try my own thing and this is wrong i know i will try to play a better team game with supporting my team at all times. BTW all you EU players suck!!!!! there are so few of you guys in channel and we struggle just to make one IH game Mad
After-Life
After-Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Pseudoku Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:50 pm

pacman wrote:find people ALOT better than you, play with them.

Damn... that's impossible in AM...

Pseudoku

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:10 pm

After-Life wrote: BTW all you EU players suck!!!!! there are so few of you guys in channel and we struggle just to make one IH game Mad

u probably noticed there are certain key hosts/ih makers in eu lol and if they arent there then every1 always pubs XD

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  Modesty Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:13 am

We had IH today! LUL After just fed.
Modesty
Modesty

http://disco.fleo.se/?name=MODESTY

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:22 am

Pseudoku wrote:
pacman wrote:find people ALOT better than you, play with them.

Damn... that's impossible in AM...
\

ask artemis to 1v1 lol

pacman

Back to top Go down

Post  After-Life Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:18 am

Modesty wrote:We had IH today! LUL After just fed.
haha well i always say i'm not pro like you. But still i think my game as improved at least it was not the 3/23 like the first games vs lugworm. I think with more practice i can get better just have to play more IH games.

After-Life
After-Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Modesty Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:30 am

After-Life wrote:
Modesty wrote:We had IH today! LUL After just fed.
haha well i always say i'm not pro like you. But still i think my game as improved at least it was not the 3/23 like the first games vs lugworm. I think with more practice i can get better just have to play more IH games.

Im just kidding with you. You did great.
Modesty
Modesty

http://disco.fleo.se/?name=MODESTY

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum