City of Tempest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Handicap for noobs

5 posters

Go down

Handicap for noobs Empty Handicap for noobs

Post  After-Life Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:21 pm

Hey guys. So I was sitting and watching all the new guys in pub games and how quick they leave and was thinking. Why not make a sort of a handicap for noobs,.I don’t exactly know how, will have to think about it more but maybe we can give them a hp boost for first 5 games or something(only for the first time players). Also I don’t know if this will be possible and if the creators of CT will want to do something like this but it’s just an idea I had to get more new people to join. I think a lot of guys play it one time and never come back as he was playing some team that had 3 generals in and he got pawned from the start. Just a thought of getting more guys to join and stay playing so we can boost the popularity of CoT. I’m sure the veterans won’t mind as this is more fun for them to and they have much better skills then a first time player.
Ps I may pawn noobs and mid players but at IH I’m the NOOB so I know how it feels for first timers Evil or Very Mad

Any thoughts or maybe you feel it’s a bad idea please tell me.
After-Life
After-Life

Back to top Go down

Handicap for noobs Empty Re: Handicap for noobs

Post  Marcus Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:40 pm

After-Life wrote:Hey guys. So I was sitting and watching all the new guys in pub games and how quick they leave and was thinking. Why not make a sort of a handicap for noobs,.I don’t exactly know how, will have to think about it more but maybe we can give them a hp boost for first 5 games or something(only for the first time players). Also I don’t know if this will be possible and if the creators of CT will want to do something like this but it’s just an idea I had to get more new people to join. I think a lot of guys play it one time and never come back as he was playing some team that had 3 generals in and he got pawned from the start. Just a thought of getting more guys to join and stay playing so we can boost the popularity of CoT. I’m sure the veterans won’t mind as this is more fun for them to and they have much better skills then a first time player.
Ps I may pawn noobs and mid players but at IH I’m the NOOB so I know how it feels for first timers Evil or Very Mad

Any thoughts or maybe you feel it’s a bad idea please tell me.

veterans like me also know how to edit the bank file to stay in my first five game forever. so yeah coz of probable abuse i would say no

Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post  Issoloc Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:38 am

Marcus is right. I would abuse this to hell.

With that being said, noobs need help from somewhere.

My Idea is(inspired by Alexander I think) that for every level you are behind the top guy on the other team, your re spawn is 2 seconds shorter. For example, If I am level 23 and my opponent is level 15. hes re spawn time would be 16 seconds shorter. This would allow noobs a chance to catch up.

Issoloc

Back to top Go down

Post  Avs Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:51 am

The respawn idea is good, but it wouldnt allow newbs to really catch up. They'd just respawn and die again, allowing you to farm them up. I think you'll need to lock down bank files like other maps do if you intend on using stats to determine how good players are and what the handicap is.

Avs

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:38 am

and in inhouse games it would give u a rather unapproachable defense cos some heroes are still effective at defending bases on lower levels

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  After-Life Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:45 pm

Hi Guys. thanks for your reply's and you all make very good points, I will also agree that it not the best idea as there are to many pros that will take advantage of any situation. But interesting thing is that lala and the guys picked this up before and who ever made the loading screen gave a very good beginner build. So i guess this matter has been attended to and now the noobs just have to practice Very Happy ps. i hope they read it jocolor
After-Life
After-Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum