City of Tempest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "new forum" drama

+3
DrCloak
Trader Joe
NoonEe
7 posters

Go down

The "new forum" drama Empty The "new forum" drama

Post  NoonEe Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:39 pm

Hey there.
I now spent some time and posted a bit on the new forum, more than anyone else to be exact, and I think I might throw my opinion in this discussion.

First of all, I dont think we ever needed a new forum in the first place. Imo we made us quite a home here, this one is simple, clean and quite fast. Still, somehow no one complained when lala announced that we were looking for someone to set up a new homepage.

CloudWolf responded, and offered us a subforum on their website, which has a quite large community and hosts projects such as Mineralz evolution. This could only mean the growth in our community we all want... at least most of us. Lala asked us to post something there and try it out... what no one did, including me.

Some could interpret this as "we dont want to move, its cool here" but lala saw this as us beeing too lazy to try out something new, what was better in his view. And then there was another "discussion" about support and stuff, and the new homepage was brought up again. Seeing how serious lala was about this, some started to post over there and try out stuff. I didnt really care which forum becomes offical, since every forum is ok once you get used to it. Having others thinking in the same way lead to the redirection of cityoftempest.net to the udmod subforum. Now even the last ppl who didnt sign up, we're kinda forced to do so. (yes, forced). Ofc complaining about it, because they're ads everywhere, and its hard to navigate and stuff.

So much for that. Now, I think that we're not done discussing if we move or not. You cant just say "no one supports me, so I do what I want". You cant just surrender when you get no response for 1 post. You know how long I've been messaging around for this clanleague-everyone-liked-and-then-never-sent-any-application-whatsoever?

But I have to say you made yourself an attention in another way (with the redicrection ofc). Now you have what you want, everyone is checking out the new forum because they have to. And now we can start the discussion, everyone is informed about the alternatives.

tl;dr:
-asking 1-2 times and then saying you have no support is not right
-ofc the community is lazy
-you made yourself attention by redirect ct.net to the udmod thingy, and now we can start to discuss the switch
NoonEe
NoonEe

Back to top Go down

The "new forum" drama Empty Re: The "new forum" drama

Post  Trader Joe Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:36 pm

What's the URL to the new forums? (I am new here.)

Trader Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  NoonEe Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:10 pm

cityoftempest.net

ಠ_ಠ
NoonEe
NoonEe

Back to top Go down

Post  DrCloak Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:49 pm

u ve post someting on umod
but change place is always hard and lazy poeple dont like it

for my part i will go where the community goes

DrCloak

Back to top Go down

Post  Trader Joe Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:52 pm

Ah! Yeah that site comes on top of google results but, I prefered this from the get go 'cause it is more active.

Trader Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  DrCloak Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:59 pm

This one is more active cuz nobody goes on other

maybe if some poeple move others could follow

DrCloak

Back to top Go down

Post  Plice Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:04 pm

FYI I'd say the other one is more active at this point
Plice
Plice

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:31 am

its more active than this, but both forums are basically dead. lala cut the forum activity in half (at least).

the only people who use the other site are cyclo lala sadface ripp and occasionally me...

GOOD JOB LALA.

post this on the other site noonee so that the cocksucker sees this.

pacman

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:19 pm

actually a majority of eu ppl post there too... its just there isnt a huge deal to discuss/say at this point in time imo... (tho im essentially half afk from the entire scene)

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  NoonEe Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:31 pm

just wanted to point out that i wrote this like 3 weeks ago.
NoonEe
NoonEe

Back to top Go down

Post  DrCloak Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:17 pm

or u can force poeple to choose a forum by posting hot topic (as tournaments or patches) only in one forum

DrCloak

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:26 pm

they already are...

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:08 pm

there is an average of maybe 1 new topic every 5 days on the other forum.....

vs like one every 2 days or even 1 day from before....................

pacman

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:26 am

topics hav been discussed before so of course no1 is gonna ask the same stuff...

also a lot of the topics in here are just ppl not reading stuff or being really stupid or spam

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclo Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:37 am

We've moved to the other forum get over it or don't post there. There is less posts because there is no random posts that are just plain stupid. Also because there hasn't been a patch in a long time no one's been talking about balance issues since they've all been established. It is an indisputable fact at this point that Fang Dong Feng with the current version is incredibly OP. Therefore no one is arguing about it(if they ever were) and so there are no balance posts about it. The only balance post on the other forum right now is whether or not Janne should be able to health pot while in bubble.

Cyclo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum