City of Tempest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IH Zeros replay cast

+3
Rip
Modesty
Alexander
7 posters

Go down

IH Zeros replay cast Empty IH Zeros replay cast

Post  Alexander Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:07 pm

I believe someone asked for a Zeros inhouse replay, so I decided to make one. I have been meaning to try to make my own video for a while, and I got FRAPS and recorded it, converted it into Windows Movie Maker and here is my ghetto first attempt. It took about 5 hours for WMM to save the project and about another 3 hours to upload it to YouTube. I don't know when I'm going to attempt to put the other one(s) I have together :/

Because I am noob, the sound/casting is slightly off sync with the video in that it is late by a few seconds. Nevertheless, I did watch it and it's not that bad as long as you just pay attention to what's happening.

Overall a good discussion of how to use Zeros with great examples of other good players like Macanas, excalibur, stims, and so on. Enjoy Smile

PS: Also this video was put through an account I used to use to do puzzle solution videos so don't mind those. I kind of got bored of doing that so no more vids, but maybe I will start again Razz

HERE IS THE 2ND VIDEO CAST I MENTIONED. This is a 3v3 and I start against Aloera (and I win), so pacman this was for you my love Very Happy

Last edited by Alexander on Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:55 pm; edited 2 times in total

Alexander

Back to top Go down

IH Zeros replay cast Empty Re: IH Zeros replay cast

Post  Modesty Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:56 pm

Good guide. A bit weird with 3v2 perhaps. And any particular reason you dont take 3 tanks with DTS?
Modesty
Modesty

http://disco.fleo.se/?name=MODESTY

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexander Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:48 pm

I like to keep watch of the towers more to see what's going on with the map, so the cooldown time of camping each tower gives me an idea if anyone's coming up so I don't waste my DTS or know when to go and support, etc. Also, keep in mind that because it was 3v2, I could feed a little faster than usual (as well as having an easy lane with extra kills than normal). Normally with 3 mana, you will get DTS before 11:44 and will still need 1 hit to finish off tanks, so hitting all 3 and leaving them close to dead is a high risk move by not having vision.

Late game you can hit 3 tanks with DTS, so really in the end I guess there is no particular reason Very Happy

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post  Modesty Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:09 am

Yeah good point. I was more curious that you didn't mention it at all in your guide, it's a neat trick i think. (btw with 2 mana you can oneshot tanks after first respawn, lol)
And is that super eco build really viable in even teams 3v3?
Modesty
Modesty

Back to top Go down

Post  Rip Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:25 am

I know it has nothing to do with this video (very good zeros btw) but i finally found a worse duran than me woohoo!!!
Rip
Rip

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexander Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:29 am

@ Modesty

Lol. Yeah, it is a neat trick. The 2 mana build doesn't really work because really Zeros' main benefit is that he has the highest magic points of any melee, and his X can farm from a distance with a wide swath. If you are LUCKY, you will be able to go back for mana card right away when you heal, whereas in most cases against really good players you will have to go heal before that - so 2 mana is way too eco to farm with mana card at level 2/3 using X. Additionally, 2 mana means doing DTS at level 10 (unless you buy the mineral from the shop) and that will be hard to nail before the 11:44 respawn.

Against melee or some other heroes I have even gone 4-5 mana with mana card and pot heavy style so that I can get DTS at level 5 and combo with it, but honestly to see such a cool effect that only does 800 damage it's like "eh.......". I'd rather save up and then one shot people so they QQ about "wtf 1 shot already..." Very Happy

@ Rip

lol, well you can't go wrong with slaveswing. To be honest I prefer it just because it does so much damage, but against the main top tier inhouse choices Duran just fails period. I am trying to tell Dak to use more potions in his early game since he is playing inhouse now with us, but hey everyone has to start somewhere Smile

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:39 am

alex: duran is one of the hardest characters. he doesn't fail against other chars with traps/t1.
he only fails in not-super-gosu-or-korean-status-with-duran hands against gaurdfire (which is everyone except boda)

modesty: alex goes eco with zeros. this is his basic strat: find the weakest player on the other team. take that lane. stay away from everyone else, especially taking care to hide from pacnoob. late game after feeding for thirty minutes, be like NINJA HAHAHHA I ONE SHOT U.

pacman

Back to top Go down

Post  Rip Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:02 am

late game after feeding for thirty minutes, be like NINJA HAHAHHA I ONE SHOT U.

I feel some rage in this sentence.....dunno why though....oh yeah cauz that's basically what i do and makes everyone rage in EU >.<

you can't go wrong with slaveswing
I know but i always go with what'll piss Sadface the most even if i'm not against him it's a habit i got....and against blinkers....slaveswing....
Rip
Rip

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexander Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:17 am

@ pacman

What do you mean he doesn't fail? I am talking about the top tier hero choices and how in general these trends will be against favor for Duran. Medic, B9, Horus, even BH, etc. Duran's application overall is not as versatile as BH or Genesic and his short range give him disadvantages that other heroes do not have against the top inhouse trends. So, not too sure what you are saying as usual.

Also, of course I go eco. What else do you expect with 3 mana Zeros? That's not always the case, I know how to have early game PvP with a very early DTS, but Zeros isn't about that. It's not about finding the weakest player because I've played like this against Barsark, KrK and everyone else. You're just mad because late game everyone becomes my bitch including you Very Happy

The problem is that Zeros in general gets raped by any melee, I hate warlord strike and most matchups are counters if you don't go warlord strike. So, I have to find the lane that isn't going to be a melee lane or difficult early like medic, for example, and level up. Zeros is much better against casters and honestly in that last game I didn't even want to be in the same lane with Duran regardless of the player behind him but there was no other choice (Gaia or BH? give me a break).

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post  Modesty Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:19 pm

@Alex
I was not very serious with 2 mana, we talked about this before if you recall.

And of course you want to go eco with zeros, to get to that point in midgame when u can run around oneshotting ppl. I just think that your shop order was a bit to greedy. Very Happy (and this is from the perspective of a beginners guide to Zeros)
Modesty
Modesty

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexander Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:03 pm

I'll be posting the 2nd inhouse game I saved with Zeros where I actually end up winning and it's a 3v3. In that case I had to delay maxing out my regen quite a bit because I laned vs Fang (Aloera) and had to spend more money on pots and cards, etc.

I should have bought more speed cards in both games but oh well. My build was greedy and usually is because I like to take advantage of the new cooldown for DTS, but in that first game since we had all the extra gas why not Very Happy

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post  >Fun< Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:52 pm

Gj and thank you 4 the guide! :]
Question: Does it make sense 2 buy more than 2 Mana-Cards if u lane against a good pusher like ZeDait? Everytime I lane vs him I lose, coz he kills creeps like a boss and if I try 2 potkill him he just boosts away. ;/
>Fun<
>Fun<

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexander Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:52 pm

Against Zedait DTS will be very painful and you'll be force to go 4 mana/Warlord Strike and kill him. That shouldn't be too hard. I'd still get mana card, then soon as I get another 350 I go buy pot and kill his ass Very Happy

I have uploaded the 2nd Zeros cast.

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post  Macanas Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:08 am

Dude those puzzles are....what the fuck where u thinking

Macanas

Back to top Go down

Post  Executioner Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:09 am

Gaia's autoattack is still gay as hell. Anyway, cool video Alex. You have a really chill voice.
Edit: no homo
Executioner
Executioner

Back to top Go down

Post  Macanas Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:18 am

Macanas wrote:Dude those puzzles are....what the fuck were u thinking

Macanas

Back to top Go down

Post  Executioner Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:21 am

Macanas wrote: