City of Tempest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Decision made for CaMp people in BoA

+2
Aloera
SungJ
6 posters

Go down

Decision made for CaMp people in BoA Empty Decision made for CaMp people in BoA

Post  SungJ Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:44 am

For this upcoming BoA November,
I will include just the usual NA people on the regular tourney format and schedule.
After all since the title is "best of america" it sounds most fair to compete among people who are active primarily in NA.

However, alongside with the regular tourney I will also add a set of event matches vs CaMp team.
The way you can think of this idea is similar to arcade games like street fighters,
where the fake boss is one of the main characters but the real boss is hidden.

So, all participants will equally have "one" chance to play against CaMp team after they are done with regular tourney.
If whichever team wins against CaMp team, I will ask lala to post that team next to the results for BoA november.
Title might be something like "Winner of Bonus Stage - Beat the Korean Pros".
If CaMp team manages to shut down all of the NA teams that tried the event match,
CaMp team will be up on the board. Title would be "All-Killed NA Server" or something like that.

I have tried all day today to gather as many opinions as possible from everywhere (forum/sc2 NA/korean forum/etc.)
It was hard to call decision by majority votes so I tried to gather up all the reasons for their opinions
and this idea was the best format I could think of after going through this whole day of discussion.

I hope this format would satisfy most of you who are participating next BoA. Thank you very much.

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Decision made for CaMp people in BoA Empty Re: Decision made for CaMp people in BoA

Post  Aloera Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:01 am

100% agree

gratz, great idea

you have transform a big problem into a great opportunity or inspiration for AM members

Aloera

Back to top Go down

Decision made for CaMp people in BoA Empty Re: Decision made for CaMp people in BoA

Post  Pseudoku Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:17 am

Good idea, will anyone (spectator) stream it?

Though the teams that get knocked out first will probably have no chance of touching them.
But how about the scheduling of it? Will it be right after the team(s) get knocked out? The time zone difference might be a factor.

Pseudoku

Back to top Go down

Post  SungJ Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:22 am

Pseudoku wrote:Good idea, will anyone (spectator) stream it?

Though the teams that get knocked out first will probably have no chance of touching them.
But how about the scheduling of it? Will it be right after the team(s) get knocked out? The time zone difference might be a factor.

Yeah. I checked with them. If we start at 7pm est (4pm pst) their time will be 8am, which is really early for but them.
But as you know I try to encourage all participants to stay alive as long as possible,
so I will ask them to come around 9-10 am on their time zone depending on # of teams and format.

And you got it right. Right after the teams get knocked out they will get their chances to play vs CaMp team.

I will have to find people to help us spec/cast. Kokiri volunteered right after last tourney so he might be one of them.

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pseudoku Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:25 am

So is the tournament going to run over 2 days? It'd probably be very late for East Coast players by later rounds if it was only on Saturday.
Even last tournament I was very tired by the end of the semis.

Let's find Frodan!

Pseudoku

Back to top Go down

Post  SungJ Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:28 am

For the future, I will let the Koreans officially join BoA "after" they become regularly active in NA scene
which is when people in NA get familiar enough to those Koreans (like Artemis) and become good friends all around.
And then at that time I will add the "1 foreign mercenary per team" rule to even things out.

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SungJ Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:30 am

Pseudoku wrote:So is the tournament going to run over 2 days? It'd probably be very late for East Coast players by later rounds if it was only on Saturday.
Even last tournament I was very tired by the end of the semis.

Let's find Frodan!

Good idea! I will ask Frodan if he can make it that day. His youtube cast can be uploaded later so just for stream/spec.
Also I will try to wrap things up in a day, but if situations don't work out it might continue the next day.
This might be a matter to solve when tourney dead-line approaches and when we can get some ideas of format.

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Plice Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:08 pm

If nobody that can stream comes I do have a stream but it kind of sucks. My internet isn't the best so it is low quality and I get a little laggy plus I couldn't get it to record game sounds, only my mic XD. I'd be willing to help out to stream if nobody else can but it would probably be a last option kind of thing.
Plice
Plice

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:50 pm

WOW!

THIS IS GREAT!

supah-genius sungj! thanks!

pacman

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclo Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:20 pm

Well guess i can cancel the poll.

Cyclo

Back to top Go down

Post  Pseudoku Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:49 pm

Maybe it'd be good to start the tournament some time in the afternoon EST (after PST are done with lunch - 1PM PST/4PM EST?), and then have a period of time for a dinner break (might need 2 breaks due to the 3 or 4 hour difference - it'd be good to get the time zone of all competitors to arrange it).
It'll largely depend on how many teams we have though.

Pseudoku

Back to top Go down

Post  SungJ Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:37 pm

Pseudoku wrote:Maybe it'd be good to start the tournament some time in the afternoon EST (after PST are done with lunch - 1PM PST/4PM EST?), and then have a period of time for a dinner break (might need 2 breaks due to the 3 or 4 hour difference - it'd be good to get the time zone of all competitors to arrange it).
It'll largely depend on how many teams we have though.

Thanks for the good ideas. I will try to make sure of time management when we get to know about how many would join.

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum