City of Tempest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CT Timings

+7
Aias
pacman
michi
Alexander
Modesty
SadFace
NoonEe
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

CT Timings Empty CT Timings

Post  Sareve Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:46 am

Here's a list of respawn timings that I figured out back when I used to play CT. Try to develop some sort of farm cycle to maximise exp gain around these timings.

EXP Tanks:
5:51
11:42
17:33
23:24
29:15
35:16

Essentially every 351 seconds in game time.

At least 2 big marines must be killed by exactly 4:40 in order to get the fast respawn approximately 2mins 15seconds later. Other timings are irrelevant since ghosts and marines are easy kills and give minimal exp/gas while tauren marines have significantly long respawn timings so it doesn't really matter. You must kill at least 1 tauren marine to get the next spawn though, but I think it takes about 4+ mins per spawn.

Also, turrets and bunkers get stronger as more of them get destroyed.

Sareve

Back to top Go down

CT Timings Empty Re: CT Timings

Post  Sareve Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:40 pm

Damn I was hoping you'd be able to tell me precisely what the timings are because you can edit the map now Sad I think they're pretty accurate though, I spent over 10 games doing nothing but observing timings while my team mates defended crushed our enemies in the name of science.

Sareve

Back to top Go down

Post  NoonEe Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:52 pm

So its not a timer for the next tank, its just a note which flows over the tanks?
NoonEe
NoonEe

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:49 pm

tank respawn is independent of the total number of tanks, if only 2 are dead out of the 12 but in the same section they will still respawn

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:34 pm

u sure some1 aint bein sneaky and takin them all out while ur not lookin?o_0

btw 5rines spawn more rines (maybe 4 im not 100% sure on this), 2 ghosts spawns more ghosts(not 3 as many seem to like to think, this has ruined me a lot in an early pot timing when i believed it was 3 cos ppl said so), 2 big rines spawns more, 2 taurens spawn more taurens

basically its half of every creep except taurens, learn to time pots with crushing all spawn timings at the same time so ur creep instantly run and suicide at their turrets or jsut learn the counting to farm more... ur choice...

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  Modesty Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:35 pm

SadFace wrote:u sure some1 aint bein sneaky and takin them all out while ur not lookin?o_0

btw 5rines spawn more rines (maybe 4 im not 100% sure on this), 2 ghosts spawns more ghosts(not 3 as many seem to like to think, this has ruined me a lot in an early pot timing when i believed it was 3 cos ppl said so), 2 big rines spawns more, 2 taurens spawn more taurens

basically its half of every creep except taurens, learn to time pots with crushing all spawn timings at the same time so ur creep instantly run and suicide at their turrets or jsut learn the counting to farm more... ur choice...

You shuld also time in manacard with either exp tank or creep waves.
Modesty
Modesty

http://disco.fleo.se/?name=MODESTY

Back to top Go down

Post  Sareve Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:50 am

I'm grateful and have massive respect for you because you spent your free time bringing the updates to us without any form of reward Lala. But please stop trying to say I'm wrong without any concrete facts to back up your claims. My timings are correct TO THE SECOND. If you don't believe me, I suggest you go test them in a singleplayer game. I assumed that everyone knew that you had to kill 2 tanks to force them to respawn at the timings I listed. Perhaps I should have been clearer.

This means that your estimate of 5mins 35 seconds is incorrect because what these timings let you do is cast something like DTS at every 5min 51 second global respawn and kill 6 tanks with 1 spell. Don't believe me? Try it out.

Also, Sadface, your general intuition is correct, but if you want to do something more advanced, memorise the timings and allow your creep to suicide only after the respawn timing. Since constantly keeping track of a 2min 15 second timer is really tedious and progressively less important as the game goes on, the most important thing to take note of is the 4:40 timing. Your aim is to prevent him from killing 2 large marines BY 4:40. The extra spawn of 4 marines is so valuable early game that it is actually worth it to let him kill you as long as you can a) prevent him from killing 2 large marines and b) kill 2 large marines before that timing yourself.

The ONLY situation where it is beneficial for you not to kill the large marines is if your creep get stuck right outside his turret range, making it exceedingly difficult to kill the large marines if you are a melee. This will give you time to kill both exp tanks before 5:51 and perhaps even steal 1 of his tanks so you get that extra exp plus his side won't respawn. Note that this can be done without a mana card, but you will still be at an advantage should you choose to buy one to help you kill the tanks before the first respawn. Lasly, only fast early game pushers such as melees and forcefire can do this.

Sareve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sareve Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:28 pm

I didn't say that was wrong learn to read?

Sareve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sareve Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:43 pm

Omg O_O I should learn to read.

What I was trying to say was that your estimate of tanks respawning every 5 minutes in game time isn't really accurate. The timings that I listed are the precise timings at which there will be a global tank respawn provided both tanks are down. I suggest you test it before you insinuate that I am wrong.

Sareve

Back to top Go down

CT Timings Empty Timings

Post  Alexander Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:44 pm

Sareve is correct about the tank timings. They occur every 5:53 after 5:51 (the first one). Although after the first 3 respawns (17:35) I don't really keep track of them that much because they are not significant for leveling after that point and more about gas for potions, etc.

Regarding the creep it is based on how many you kill. Every creep wave except the Tauren marine require you kill 50% of the creeps in order to get another wave. So, 4 small marines, 2 ghosts and 2 large marines in order to get the next one. Generally you want to try to accomplish this before you leave to heal so that more creep can make their way back during that time and you don't waste time. This is also why at the very beginning in a given matchup one person may have their marines come sooner than the other person's - because you killed 4 before they did.

The Tauren marines are the only ones on set spawn times and they are approximately every 4-5 minutes, although again after the first or second wave who really keeps track when you get more gas/xp from killing large marines/ghosts and so on because they're easier to kill. The first wave of Tauren marine come almost at the first respawn time of the tanks (around 5:40).

Lala was correct about the crates - I noticed they spawn about every 30 seconds. If you consider that 6 crates is 12 xp and 90 gas (vs a tank at 15 xp/100 gas) you get about a tank's worth of experience/gas every 2.5 minutes, and 2 tanks worth of xp/gas every 5 minutes making the crates equivalently rewarding as the tanks as long as you farm them consistently.

On the old forum I posted the gas/xp of everything in the game as well as the ratio to hp in terms of which is worth the best. I may dig that chart up again but a few things:

1.) Small marines are the worst xp/hp ratio in the game.
2.) Prisoners are the best xp/hp ratio in the game Very Happy
3.) Bunker is worth 12 tanks worth of xp. Highest xp in the game other than the general I believe.
4.) Big Marines are the most rewarding creep for their hp/xp/gas ratios.

And other misc. info. Will have to find it again.

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post  michi Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:45 pm

Capsule is "every 25 seconds of real time" on a < 6 limit

how come that there are sometimes 7 capsules?
https://servimg.com/view/16887154/10

michi

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexander Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:33 am

I've never seen 7 crates, so I'm guessing it is something to do with Euro or an error.

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:53 am

OMG SO ITS NOT JUST ME xD

i was thinkng "yo wutdafack why so many crates yo?!?!?!" last time i was playing.
so there is a bug.

pacman

Back to top Go down

Post  Aias Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:13 pm

Would be nice if Prisoners would respawn.
Aias
Aias

Back to top Go down

Post  Breeze Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:48 pm

Just wondering, does anyone think that this is worth it?

Early game, Mighty monk goes into Knight mode, runs into the back of the base, and gets all 3 prisoners, waits for knight mode again, and gets the other 3. (180 gas)
Breeze
Breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  NoonEe Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:52 pm

No
NoonEe
NoonEe

Back to top Go down

Post  Thrallsa Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:15 pm

Breeze wrote:Just wondering, does anyone think that this is worth it?

Early game, Mighty monk goes into Knight mode, runs into the back of the base, and gets all 3 prisoners, waits for knight mode again, and gets the other 3. (180 gas)

If you do that you will most likely get killed by someone in the process

Thrallsa

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:51 pm

or u lose all ur creep while ur stuck in the base

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  ThorHammer Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:42 pm

is it worth it to do it w/ janne tho?

ThorHammer

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:10 am

as janne you will die. and the cd got changed 30->45 seconds, so no.

pacman

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexander Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:11 am

1.) Mana
2.) Mana/Heaven Knight
3.) Kill prisoners, get 1 tank worth of xp and gas in a few seconds
4.) HK or suicide (fast respawn time anyway) rush back to get some creep jump to level 2 instantly.

Cost of trolling: lots of xp and gas/creep respawns
Price of trolling like a pro: priceless

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post  Aias Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:31 am

Alexander wrote:
1.) Small marines are the worst xp/hp ratio in the game.

BUT since they come in groups, you kill all of them,if you do IE. A abil that do 125 dmg, not one only soldier will get it, like other 7 will too, I am bad at explaining but you get it. lol!
Aias
Aias

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexander Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:57 am

They are, but the point is just in terms of decision making if someone has split your creeps and, say you are ranged and it's hard to reverse-split. A box is technically better xp so sometimes you might decide to take a box out. Sometimes as Zeros I do this (or try if they're not going to follow me) so I don't get too much harass.

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclo Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:24 pm

Alex can't post anymore since he doesn't play CT. This was discussed in the other thread, except unless he was the one trolling as Uriel to Pacman.

Cyclo

Back to top Go down

Post  Aias Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:28 pm

Alexander wrote:They are, but the point is just in terms of decision making if someone has split your creeps and, say you are ranged and it's hard to reverse-split. A box is technically better xp so sometimes you might decide to take a box out. Sometimes as Zeros I do this (or try if they're not going to follow me) so I don't get too much harass.

True that.
Aias
Aias

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum