City of Tempest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When to shop, and what?

+8
Alexander
Issoloc
laserrain
SadFace
Thrallsa
SungJ
Marcus
Modesty
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

When to shop, and what? - Page 2 Empty Re: When to shop, and what?

Post  SungJ Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:03 am

early hp pot basically for wasting opponent's mana pot.

if opponent farms creep with that leftover mana, early hp pot is screwed.

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

When to shop, and what? - Page 2 Empty When to Shop

Post  Alexander Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:57 pm

This, as SungJ mentioned, heavily relies on what hero you are using. However, consider a few general things:

If you are melee, the first 2 waves of small marines and 1st wave of ghosts (and you didn't random) give you a total of 420 gas. Chances are even with little harass you will need to go heal by this point so your choices are only mana pot or mana card.

Even if you randomed the full bonus you would come back with 570, so your choices are still the same. If you are vs. another melee, then you must purchase a mana pot. If vs. a range, I would recommend a mana card (my style) so that you can out-push them and farm your tanks (hopefully before 5:51). Otherwise usually most range will outpush you, unless you are Horus. With Horus I generally hit 2 crates for the 450 needed for attack speed upgrade and then push the lane and farm my tanks before 5:51 (usually always unless I've been mega harassed at start) with my 2 mana build.

If you are range, you can generally go through the first big marine wave and fight until you have 700 gas. If you're doing really well and get to 1100, that's another story, but my main numbers for the start are 700 and 1100. If I'm range I will save for 700 and then go back to buy a mana card and mana pot. Kill the hero, then farm like hell all 4 tanks. By then you should have 1100 and then just buy regen and pot, or even regen and mana card for even more pushing and early turret grinding.

After that just keep buying shields and pot or mana card (again my style) for pushing/killing until you are at max shields for BM and once turrets are down pot their bunker and after that it's up to you. But it always depends on hero again and who you are matched with and what the pushing differences are between your two heroes, etc.

Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclo Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:58 pm

I typically wait for etierh 750 or 1100 gas then I go buy 1 mana regen and 1 mana pot usually. I then just keep farming and if you go back to heal and lane is in middle I'll save up and kill you with Abel beam and mana pot as backup.

Cyclo

Back to top Go down

Post  idk Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:55 am

kk really just go with mana pack and mana pot which is 850 total and legit its so gud cuz like once u get ur mana pack u get enough mana for ur c or v move which is ur strongest before ur ulti so u then go with that and kill ur opponent in ur lane... although u only get about 250 gas for that (u lose 100 gas) u then mess them up because theyre gone for 30 seconds and from that u push ur creep all the way to the enemy turrets and let the turrets kill ur creep so ur opponent doesnt get it (u shud only upgrade mana at lvl 0 and 1 then 2 and 3 attack upgrades)

idk

Back to top Go down

Post  Modesty Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:56 am

idk wrote:kk really just go with mana pack and mana pot which is 850 total and legit its so gud cuz like once u get ur mana pack u get enough mana for ur c or v move which is ur strongest before ur ulti so u then go with that and kill ur opponent in ur lane... although u only get about 250 gas for that (u lose 100 gas) u then mess them up because theyre gone for 30 seconds and from that u push ur creep all the way to the enemy turrets and let the turrets kill ur creep so ur opponent doesnt get it (u shud only upgrade mana at lvl 0 and 1 then 2 and 3 attack upgrades)

And this is true for all heroes?
Modesty
Modesty

http://disco.fleo.se/?name=MODESTY

Back to top Go down

Post  shmo11100 Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:00 am

What I do is save like 1600 and buy 2 mana regen

shmo11100

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikumo Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:49 am

shmo11100 wrote:What I do is save like 1600 and buy 2 mana regen

^
Best not to follow any of this guy's builds geek

Ikumo

Back to top Go down

Post  Pseudoku Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:05 am

shmo11100 wrote:What I do is save like 1600 and buy 2 mana regen

So... you're saying you are going to be easy to dominate all game long?

Pseudoku

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum