City of Tempest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lala stop being silly and shut the other forum the fuck down please. k?

+5
michi
NoonEe
imtd
Ikumo
pacman
9 posters

Go down

lala stop being silly and shut the other forum the fuck down please. k? Empty lala stop being silly and shut the other forum the fuck down please. k?

Post  pacman Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:03 am

get rid of the shit forum please.

i cant even register, thats how shitty it is.

this forum is perfectly fine

pacman

Back to top Go down

lala stop being silly and shut the other forum the fuck down please. k? Empty Re: lala stop being silly and shut the other forum the fuck down please. k?

Post  Ikumo Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:05 am

This thread.

Ikumo

Back to top Go down

lala stop being silly and shut the other forum the fuck down please. k? Empty Re: lala stop being silly and shut the other forum the fuck down please. k?

Post  imtd Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:11 am

lala isn't going to shut down the new forum
lala does what lala wants
however I strongly agree with pacman, shut that shit down

imtd

Back to top Go down

Post  NoonEe Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:49 pm

the only thing i complain about are random ppl, which never played ct, making random smartass comments in our discussions.

but its really not that bad.
NoonEe
NoonEe

Back to top Go down

Post  michi Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:55 pm

write email to cloud or change your name and try again.
Rip ---> Ripp
michi ---> michiii
thats how it worked for us.

michi

Back to top Go down

Post  Plice Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:44 pm

The ct community complains too much >.<
Plice
Plice

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:07 pm

@plice: dude i cant even fucking register.

this is lala throwing some kind of tantrum. where the fuck is our patch?

pacman

Back to top Go down

Post  Plice Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:49 pm

pacman wrote:@plice: dude i cant even fucking register.

this is lala throwing some kind of tantrum. where the fuck is our patch?

Instead of constantly complaining on how bad lala is doing things. You can actually help him and give him constructive criticism. Not liking how something is done is perfectly fine but just complaining is pretty dumb. Lala asked what everyone thought about the forums. If you didn't go and look and take the time to actually check the website out that is your fault. I have no problem with the website. I went when lala told us to check it out, I didn't see anything really wrong with it (except I don't really care for the color scheme, I do like the look of this forum more). The constant complaining I see about this forum though is rediculous. TALK to them and try and find a solution. Don't just say this website sucks I can't register stop using this. You could contact the person in charge of their forums and ask him to make you an account. From what I've seen of him, he is a nice and helpful person. If you don't know how to contact him because you can't make an account to pm him, you could always ask someone to do it for you.
Plice
Plice

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:19 am

ok. you are right. what i was doing was in no way helping anything get done

i am now in constructive-and-helpful-criticism-mode

1. Why i don't like the other forum
-Looks ugly
-Bugs registering --> amateur design
-Requires switching, so will lose everything we have so far (obviously posts can be copied and pasted, but COMMENTS can't)
-Hard for me to navigate: as everything is in black, the site is hard on the eyes and words are hard to read. at least in my opinion, but from what i hear, lots of people share with me the opinion that the new site is hard to read .
-The current forum is a flawless. i mean that literally. i cannot find a flaw with how this forum is set up. please explain why you don't like it lala.

2. My problem with the no-patch thingy from Lala
-Sungj volunteered to translate and you volunteered to patch. sungj gave us a translation a while back, but you still haven't patched.
if you are done patching/don't want to/can't, then thank you for all the hard work you have done up to now and please give the map to someone else for patching. but if that isn't the case and you aren't going to pass it on, then please patch.
a responsibility is a responsibility, so if you don't want it, tell us
-You state as your reason for not patching "nobody gives you feedback and you want to switch sites," so give us some feedback about the current site. what is so atrociously wrong with it that you insist on switch-or-no-patch??
-And, why do you need feedback? the job of patchmaker is to apply the patches that the korean mapmaker gives us. there is no feedback needed.

LALA PLEASE READ THIS AND RESPOND. I TOOK 15 MINUTES TO POLITELY AND THOUGHTFULLY CONSTRUCT AN ARGUMENT, SO DO ME THE COURTESY OF AT LEAST RESPONDING.

(i will post this on the other website, too)

pacman

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclo Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:43 am

This Forum:
Pros, nice look, simple, easy to use and we're already settled
Cons, "bad moderating tools"

Other Forum:
Pros, "better moderating tools, chat but this one we just figured out has chat as well, Not all the useless posts,
Cons, hard to look at, ads keep popping up, too many things to look at, hard to tell when a thread has a new post or not

There's more feedback for you lala. Please give us patch now.

Cyclo

Back to top Go down

Post  SungJ Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:34 am

Geez we're behind a lot of communication since I've been out of the scene for some days. I'll try do my work to settle things down soon.

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:12 pm

imo new forums has a better look but i guess im alone on this, the major benefits imo are quick posts, links can be posted normally (and clicked on by non-signed in ppl), mod tools are better and we get to show C.T. to new ppl that arent already part of the community

i suppose the only cons are harder to read actual posts and a sig banner that supposedly interferes and supposedly sommin to do with pop up spamming...

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  SungJ Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:39 am

For me about the new forum.

Pros:
-Normal links for Replays. (++++++++++++++++++)
-Chat Function (not using that much but something to say good anyway)
-Slightly better layouts for organizing threads

Cons:
-Dark background (more tiring to stay on reading)
-Belong to a homesite of udmod.com (not completely separated, so there is practically no home key for the forum)
-Too many unknown/unrelated (to c.t. community) people on the forum

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  michi Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:25 am

here is a chatfunction too, not a good one but still.
if you at "Home" just scroll to the bottom of the site.

michi

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:19 pm

i personally see unrelated c.t. ppl as a pro, we could get more ppl introduced to c.t Very Happy also the quickpost thing guys Very Happy saves sooo much time Very Happy

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclo Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:24 pm

Besides the point does anyone know where lala is. He sort've dropped off the face of the Earth after changing the forum URL.

Cyclo

Back to top Go down

Post  Plice Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:33 pm

He hasn't dropped off the face of the earth, He has been responding it seems like he just doesn't like responding to all the complaining (mostly because he has already). Example : he posted yesterday responding in the bugs section about how linux crashes
Plice
Plice

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:04 pm

tbh lala was never rly that active as a poster, and he/she doesnt repeat stuff so just pay attention when s/he posts sommin to not ask the same thing again

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclo Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:26 am

Also I think he's only posting in the other forum to give more motivation to switch.

Cyclo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down