City of Tempest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to re-counter GF freezing counter spells?

4 posters

Go down

How to re-counter GF freezing counter spells? Empty How to re-counter GF freezing counter spells?

Post  Trushy Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:51 am

Just wondering about the new scops of some heros which are able to counter GF freezing spell.
In the past, most of heros have been freezed totally, some have been able to "blink" out of the freeze and one or two hereos have been able to counter it with own spell.
Now, since last update there are few more heros able to just walk out the freeze by counter spell. This ability makes them more or less op against Guard fire and to play as team is no more possible especially in early game.
--> is there any possibility to recounter these counters? Or is it even a bug?

Thanks for helpfully answers in advance
Trushy

Trushy

Back to top Go down

How to re-counter GF freezing counter spells? Empty Re: How to re-counter GF freezing counter spells?

Post  laerik Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:17 pm

I assume your talking about Orochi, which has an ulti that enables him to walk through traps such as Zedaits and GFs. Imo it's the one of the few things that Orochi got going for him, being a melee besides blade hunter that can escape traps which in general completely negates melee.

So he can only escape when using his ulti mode, that means you cant trap him at least 2/3 of the time since it's cooldown is 45 s and duration 30 s. And there are still plenty of heroes with slow spells that works on him if you want to gank.

*Edit: Ok basically most melee heroes can escape traps with headbutt or ulti attacks. Fobos and Horus can't, prob more I can't think of. However, Orochis ability is very consistant if he mostly engages when in mode.

Last edited by laerik on Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total
laerik
laerik

Back to top Go down

How to re-counter GF freezing counter spells? Empty Re: How to re-counter GF freezing counter spells?

Post  SadFace Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:29 pm

fv at the same time, almost always guarantees a v hit if they get hit by the f (but doesnt really work against ppl expecting it...) and then go shoot him again

just go aim at ppl that cant escape XD, if its some1 that can blink normally aim a v at them to force the blink and then trap them (while doing ur best to avoid the counterpot blink attack), if its a blinkstriking melee hit him from high ground and the worst that can happen is u waste ur pot cos he uses a pot to escape in which case u hope to god hes not carrying 2 pots at the time XD

and if ur talkin bout orochi just let him run up to u and unload... ur burst will kill him before he can kill u... if he mindgames it then he wont be hitting u properly anyway so just chill and wait till he actually attacks u and just kill him then, his burst is negligible compared to urs

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  Pseudoku Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:17 pm

laerik wrote:So he can only escape when using his ulti mode, that means you can trap him at least 2/3 of the time since it's cooldown is 45 s and duration 30 s.

1/3?

Pseudoku

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:42 pm

nah its 2/3... 45/75 closish to 2/3 -___- also laerik has done maths at uni to some degree so dont doubt his maths yo

Last edited by SadFace on Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:06 am; edited 4 times in total

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  laerik Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:34 am

Did i even get anything right in that post? No

*Sadface i hope you were ironic...
laerik
laerik

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:04 am

loool corrected XD and i actually do the maths course XD

idk if u did, i didnt understand his post so i covered everything missed by u

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  laerik Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:45 pm

Ok let's just drop this, i think most ppl understand whatever was meant to be said.

Hilarious 4 math edits sad, erase much on exams? Razz
laerik
laerik

Back to top Go down

Post  laerik Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:38 pm

Pseudoku wrote:
laerik wrote:So he can only escape when using his ulti mode, that means you can trap him at least 2/3 of the time since it's cooldown is 45 s and duration 30 s.

1/3?

Very observant, i heard you're good with numbers Wink
laerik
laerik

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:24 pm

laerik wrote:
Hilarious 4 math edits sad, erase much on exams? Razz

T__T we dont do normal maths in maths lol

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down