City of Tempest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City of Tempest: Duran

+3
Fizz
SadFace
Contempt
7 posters

Go down

City of Tempest: Duran Empty City of Tempest: Duran

Post  Contempt Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:02 am

How do you play Duran?

Contempt
Admin

https://cityoftempest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

City of Tempest: Duran Empty Re: City of Tempest: Duran

Post  SadFace Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:53 pm

builds:

=4 mana level 2 upswing
shop: pot first AT 350 gas

= 5 mana level 3 slaveswing
shop: pot first

SadFace

Back to top Go down

City of Tempest: Duran Empty Duran

Post  Fizz Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:48 pm

4 mana
Slaveswing once you have 300/300 mana (level 6 i think)
Buy a mana pot: Charge, FCXCX
At lower levels, FC is usually enough to kill them
level 7 - chaos shield, attack
and simply max attack

And I usually like having a mana pot with me, since its an easy kill Twisted Evil .
The characters I would avoid staying AGAINST are:
-all blink characters (Zava, SH, Abel,)
-Neiram (since he has his 99% reduction shield, which will make slaveswing useless)

and lastly for you duran noobies...
LEARN TO CHARGE CANCEL affraid !!! (Charge an object and then quick A-move out of it)
It gives you a boost which is KEY in fleeing fast enemies at low health and STAYING ALIVE cheers
Fizz
Fizz

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:09 pm

if u use a 4 mana use upswing cos ur gonna get that slaveswing late and therefore ur basically a sniper that cant snipe till level 6 that gets outpushed to kingdom come

tbh ur not gonna be laning against blinkers with duran except maybe zava in which case if u land the upswing shes dead but chances are u wont really get close against a careful zava without eating that bitch of a combo

no idea what chaos shield is but i want it for eu T__T and currently for eu dont ever think about laning against a trapper cos ur gonna get owned

and for those ppl that can charge cancel try to learn to charge dance around attacks before goin in cos chances are they will throw a slow as soon as they see u charge in a direction and if u dodge that with the charge while havin enough to go back at him u can normally sink ur teeth into him with an upswing/slaveswing combo

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  Fizz Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:38 am

Yeah after posting that I realized that a 4-mana upswing was much more affective since
slaveswing would be late. But for the newbies that cant hit moves well,
I reccomend slaveswing since it doesnt require any aiming, just being close to them.

And I've honestly NEVER heard of charge dancing so Ima have to practice that

But again, I dont play in-house games and I just made a new acc so im still working my way to general
So yeah ill take your build over mine
Fizz
Fizz

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:39 pm

charge dancing is basically a desperation move against all the stupid duran counters T__T (there is always at least 1 per inhouse game for no reason other than its a char some1 plays -___-) iv seen some bh's do this and nostalgia doin it excessively before all the nerfs

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  Modesty Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:46 pm

So what is the best order to do his combo with upswing? I always do fxcz but then someone said thats not good? Eeeh, plox help Duran nob.
Modesty
Modesty

http://disco.fleo.se/?name=MODESTY

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:55 pm

fc xz c (start this combo if u upswing at range also the last c normally wont hit as by that time they landed and are running away if they didnt die) or fxzc (if u upswing closerange for an easier combo) or zfxcz(this is more of an earlygame combo)

Last edited by SadFace on Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  Modesty Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:13 pm

So you always wanna start with x if you close?
To me it kinda looks like all the spells come out at the same time when he lands... but whatevs.
Modesty
Modesty

http://disco.fleo.se/?name=MODESTY

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:51 pm

u can do fcxz close since it would do the same damage and u might get off another c if they survive that and stick around

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:47 pm

early game, duran combo is hard as fuck. i would recommend a close range combo after harassment do ensure kill (fzxc or fxzc) for levels 3-5. the reason for this is that duran's max mana and mana regen is so pitiful this early that you can't just spam skills. even with a manapot, you have to time your attacks with the regen. later, (levels 8-ish and on) you will have enough mana to combo basically however you want without worrying about running out of mana or timing your skills.
at that point, what that dude above said is right: fczxc, or if u have enough mana to pull it off, charge--> xz f c xz c. be creative...? shouldn't really matter until super late game, cuz upswing should be insta-kill after first two or so pots.

pacman

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:19 pm

pacman wrote:early game, duran combo is hard as fuck. i would recommend a close range combo after harassment do ensure kill (fzxc or fxzc) for levels 3-5. the reason for this is that duran's max mana and mana regen is so pitiful this early that you can't just spam skills. even with a manapot, you have to time your attacks with the regen. later, (levels 8-ish and on) you will have enough mana to combo basically however you want without worrying about running out of mana or timing your skills.
at that point, what that dude above said is right: fczxc, or if u have enough mana to pull it off, charge--> xz f c xz c. be creative...? shouldn't really matter until super late game, cuz upswing should be insta-kill after first two or so pots.

i would use C on a hero that refuses to go heal and has half life. c = massive massive burst

Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:49 pm

yes... if someone you are laning is retarded and you can one-shot them, go ahead.
but I was talking about the case when you are fighting a smart person who is using a character with a good deal of health (think duran vs melee).

pacman

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:03 pm

u cant start with x as a duran combo ever cos of the explosion delay even if u hit him they will run and the explosion wont hit

and tbh if u learn to play duran for a while the only combo thats fuckin hard is the level 2 upswing on a 75% health person beyond level 2 u can full health combo kill just try and get used to the timing so u dont deselect fail and rage Very Happy

the issue itself isnt the combo tho its the approach, he has nothing on good slows, traps heck even ranged bursts (mechatron,zava, brave pots by vag etc) can snipe him mid charge until midgame

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:36 pm

brotip : zedait, phantom gazette, samarion, neiram, geist, vag get slaveswing

Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:19 am

why get slave against pg when upswing would 1 hit at a much easier aim and u basically autolose against a zedait imo

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  SungJ Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:29 am

I get what marcus wants to say.

He basically means go slaveswing vs characters with fast mobility, low hp, and no blinking stuff.

And most likely vs any ranged character I personally recommend getting booster pack as soon as possible.

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:42 pm

fast mobility and low hp is a reason u go for upswing.... against fast mobility u wont be able to charge into slaverange cos no sane person would aim to stay around if u know duran is within a charge radius roughly... upswing believe it or not is easier to hit against a pg, boosters and others only issue is u could be stuck between cliffs when the upswing hits in which case dont for the love of god hit w unless ur gambling on chaos claw luck

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down