City of Tempest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaia needs balance

+10
SungJ
pacman
NoonEe
Modesty
DrCloak
Rip
SadFace
Thrallsa
Cyclo
lifeless
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gaia needs balance Empty Gaia needs balance

Post  lifeless Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:55 am

when i was horus or what ever melee attacker i just fighting gaia and he blocks me in some corner or place with those line attacks then the volcano
i am stuck there and i helplessly watching me dead without doing anything
And that slow abillity and vision sight too
Slow+stuck+no vision=almost all melee heros lost

lifeless

Back to top Go down

Gaia needs balance Empty Re: Gaia needs balance

Post  Cyclo Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:23 pm

Well, it requires about 200mana to be safe if a melee comes charging up the ramp. Vs. Gaia I would say go card+pot kill with the pot push with the card he gets creep denied so he has no gas. Continue killing him whenever you see him so they never get enough gas for regen. That way they will never have enough regen to use both earthqaukes and volcanos to trap you places. So they will never build up enough levels and regen to start effectively holding you off and with no map control+tower camping it can become impossible to win. This works if you can get off a mana pot snipe. Gaia is one of the best antimelees but she's not an auto-win.

Cyclo

Back to top Go down

Post  Thrallsa Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:59 pm

Just get used to it, every hero is good vs melee in some way(atleast in the Tier 1 list)

Thrallsa

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:25 pm

b9 isnt unless u get the jump on them, geist isnt all that great against melee unless its against duran, GH is a melee and so is horus, arcane gets actively destroyed by duran/horus/lur(for some reason lur deactivates his shield)

as for the gaia thing, gaia on low ground is pathetic but gaia on highground is just stupid Sad

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  Rip Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:30 pm

(for some reason lur deactivates his shield)
Hook prevents shield

Well, it requires about 200mana to be safe if a melee comes charging up the ramp
Same as Janne....

when i was horus or what ever melee attacker i just fighting gaia and he blocks me in some corner or place with those line attacks then the volcano
i am stuck there and i helplessly watching me dead without doing anything
And that slow abillity and vision sight too
Slow+stuck+no vision=almost all melee heros lost

Melee is made to snipe and gaia is one of the fastest kill ever if u can ambush her...if u can't then don't play melee cauz u'll lose vs anything that can slow/trap u and u'll end up ragequitting every single game
Rip
Rip

Back to top Go down

Post  DrCloak Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:31 pm

She s quite op as all new heros but i think she will be nerfed soon

DrCloak

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:57 pm

dat volcano is incredibly efficient for creep and the spear is just so damn annoyin T__T and also if u spear a finalblow the spear wins out XD

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  Modesty Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:59 pm

SadFace wrote:dat volcano is incredibly efficient for creep

I think this is the biggest problem.
Modesty
Modesty

http://disco.fleo.se/?name=MODESTY

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:04 pm

if ur fast she actually has an amazing panic counter, spear->curse->zzf and throw a random speaar or 2 if u think that wont kill them

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  NoonEe Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:07 pm

Modesty wrote:

I think thats the only problem
NoonEe
NoonEe

Back to top Go down

Post  Modesty Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:09 pm

NoonEe wrote:
Modesty wrote:

I think thats the only problem

The z-spell in combination with hg/ramps is sometimes really fucked up. Its like no skill constant trap.
Modesty
Modesty

Back to top Go down

Post  NoonEe Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:12 pm

Kinda true, but I dont think you can fix that without making the skill useless in lategame. Maybe less damage and buff X i dunno.
NoonEe
NoonEe

Back to top Go down

Post  Modesty Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:16 pm

NoonEe wrote:Kinda true, but I dont think you can fix that without making the skill useless in lategame. Maybe less damage and buff X i dunno.

Yeah i dont know how to fix it. But when you trap someone with z-skill and they cant get away its the most lol ever. It's like doing the constant FF auto atk with Janne but easier and maybe not so BM.
Modesty
Modesty

Back to top Go down

Post  NoonEe Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:28 pm

Well, I hope that janne will be about forcefields again after patch, nowadays shes only about curse and balls, no need for trapfields, only to block ramps if youre scared -.-

btw, whats that for a new picture
NoonEe
NoonEe

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclo Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:45 pm

Forcefields feel integral to Janne sitting on high ground. It costs Janne 50 energy only that's about 25% of the energy required for gaia to do the same. Gaia's strenght is the v is so strong that you can think your safe and they shoot that out of the fog for an instant snipe. The ultimate was buffed beyond belief. Rather than making earthquake or her x stronger they made Gaia's ultimate insanely strong. I however am fine with Gaia at the moment because like Janne she's insanely good, borderline OP, but since they both require skill to use most people don't use them. Instead they'll play as Fang Dong Feng an incredibly easy yet effective hero, same thing with Horus. If heroes are going to be OP I say let them be extremely hard to use so that hampers the OPness.

Cyclo

Back to top Go down

Post  Modesty Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:02 pm

Cyclo wrote:Forcefields feel integral to Janne sitting on high ground. It costs Janne 50 energy only that's about 25% of the energy required for gaia to do the same. Gaia's strenght is the v is so strong that you can think your safe and they shoot that out of the fog for an instant snipe. The ultimate was buffed beyond belief. Rather than making earthquake or her x stronger they made Gaia's ultimate insanely strong. I however am fine with Gaia at the moment because like Janne she's insanely good, borderline OP, but since they both require skill to use most people don't use them. Instead they'll play as Fang Dong Feng an incredibly easy yet effective hero, same thing with Horus. If heroes are going to be OP I say let them be extremely hard to use so that hampers the OPness.

Lol, that is a stupid point.
Modesty
Modesty

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclo Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:19 pm

THink about it this way, to Horus you might lose to a complete and utter noob who's far worse than you. Vs. a Janne player you can still own them on account of it's hard to use Janne even though Janne is strong/OP. So if it's OP but hard to use it's not going to be a noob magnet and they have to actually get good at the game while it doesn't punish people playing a hard character to then lose to a less skilled player using an easier character.

Cyclo

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:32 pm

no there are 2 hard characters in this game: zava and soul.

nobody else is "hard enough that its ok if they are op"

pacman

Back to top Go down

Post  SungJ Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:34 pm

yay SH is okay to be OP xD I'm sure that will never happen though Sad

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Modesty Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:34 pm

That is still a stupid argument. And tbh it's not that hard to play Janne or Gaya so it does not really matter at IH-lvl. And why even bother talking about OP and balance in pubs. The game should be balanced around "perfect" play (so far its realistic), the same way you look at balance in SC2 at top lvl play, not bronze league.
Modesty
Modesty

Back to top Go down

Post  SungJ Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:36 pm

Gaia isn't the most OP thing but on the borderline clearly just because of the ult.
Things like Janne, Geist, Genesic, and Horus are going to be nerfed in next patch so just wait for that.
Fang is the one we should hope to get nerfed soon xD

SungJ
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  >Fun< Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:18 pm

I think the DPS of her Ulti isn't the imbalanced thing. But the cooldown for it is a bad joke. Only 10 seconds for an Ult that only costs 350 Mana, kills towers REALLY efficient and oneshots opponents in the right spot. If she camp's the watchtowers with a pot there's nothing u can do about it unless u gank her with a teammate. I think the rest is pretty balanced, but just mah own oppinion. Wink
>Fun<
>Fun<

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyclo Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:31 pm

You can't mess with Gaia's ult.'s cd otherwise you'd make the character worthless. Gaia uses it for everything, farming, pushing, pvp. If you get rid of it while not buffing anything else of Gaia's it will make her a shit character. I would favor an earthquake nerf to possible have more mana or reduced time on the earthquake.

Cyclo

Back to top Go down

Post  pacman Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:20 pm

all of the other t1 chars got nerfed except for her and fang. fang is getting massive nerfs next patch.

why no changes to gaia? she shuts down melee... and melee is designed to be anti-caster
she shuts down most casters early with v -> 2 shot
she pushes well
... and she's easy to use

why no nerfs?

pacman

Back to top Go down

Post  SadFace Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:42 pm

tbh the most efficient nerf imo is just up the mana cost... cos its just more efficient than sylon's ulti for creeping... but this wont really screw up much of the character (maybe i cba theory crafting enough to care)

also id like the spear dodgeable somehow without makin it worthless XD

SadFace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum